Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

If we appoint Kev Mac, I'll have lost all faith in Lerner.

What if he only gets a contract to the end of the season?

and what would the point be in doing that, come may all well have is 3 months of KMac dithering if he wants it for longer, we need to get the right man in now and really randy should just pay what it takes.

Randy isnt stupid, no business man with that amount of money is, i think he knows he needs to go big on the next manager, for me its all down to how big a set of bollocks he has.

the wrong manager at this point could set us back a long time, we have finished 6th the last 3 season, and as small as our squad is its still good enough to compete for the 4th/5th and 6th place. we have only missed out the last 2 years on forth as the previous manager flogged or players to death.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I want Jol tbh but now Ajax are in the champions league and have a group with Real Madrid and AC Milan, can anyone really see him walking away from that?

My second choice is Moyes, again can anyone really see walking away now even though Everton have had a poor start.

Anyone else isn't a significant upgrade imo.

Jol and Moyes could well both be available next summer so I'd rather wait than get someone substandard in now thanks.

Hughes odds are getting shorter. Can't see that happening tbh.

Still think it will be KMD or JK.

I have an inkling about Hughes, if he tells Fulham he wants it who knows. Not inconceivable.

Sold their LB got little cash and 2 young players in.

Told their GK hes not going to let him move to Arsenal.

Can't see it some how.

Well it is going to be mcDonald isn't it.

If not, why on earth would they put on the official site that he has applied ? - I haven't seen them say who-else has applied.

Can you imagine now how McDonald will feel now the world knows he wants it - if they don't give it to him - a total kick in the teeth.

I am flummexed as to why they put that out to be honest.

All they had to say is "We now have a shortlist of persons who have expressed an interest and will be interviewing shortly"

If he then didn't get it, he could go back to the reserves, and no one would have been the wiser and he could have gone back with dignity.

Now, everyone knows , if he doesn't get it - the club dont think he is good enough.

Stupid decision to release it, but now they have, they have got to give it to him !

Klinsmann would be interesting, hopefully a bit like the Klinsmann-Low combo with McDonald.

I wouldn't be totally against it tbh, after all Klinsmann was orginally Randy's first choice when the takeover was first mooted before he was advised O'runner was the choice most of the fans wanted.

I see your point paulanddonya but KM is fully aware they want someone with experience managing, especially in the PL. He knows he doesn't fit the qualification so if they don't make him manager I'm sure he will understand and stay on as the reserve coach, really don't think it would be much of a kick in the teeth, just a respecftul "we decline at this moment in time"..

IF its km then we can start to move on

If it's KM i'll be shocked because surely we would have bought some players of his choice in before the deadline. The guy ain't gonna wait till deadline day say......."Oh BTW Randy I'd like the job afterall & I'd like to sign......ooops sorry, silly me..it's too late! :oops:"

I think the whole KM thing has been a smoke screen for bigger targets and as perhaps a stop gap if all else fails.

Watch this space because I think we could be in for a surprise! :!:

Especially if it is KM.

I've just seen the transfers and if it is KM, there is only one reason we didn't go for them - Gudjohnsson, Hleb - etc..

And that is coz the club lied.

Honestly, I hope it isn't the case, as I bought into the whole Lerner is our saviour thing, and have had arguments all weekend supporting him.

But if this happens, then he's lost me !

Well it is going to be mcDonald isn't it.

If not, why on earth would they put on the official site that he has applied ? - I haven't seen them say who-else has applied.

Can you imagine now how McDonald will feel now the world knows he wants it - if they don't give it to him - a total kick in the teeth.

I am flummexed as to why they put that out to be honest.

All they had to say is "We now have a shortlist of persons who have expressed an interest and will be interviewing shortly"

If he then didn't get it, he could go back to the reserves, and no one would have been the wiser and he could have gone back with dignity.

Now, everyone knows , if he doesn't get it - the club dont think he is good enough.

Stupid decision to release it, but now they have, they have got to give it to him !

Exactly my thoughts. Very odd to release that statement.

Almost certain it'll be K Mac now.

IF its km then we can start to move on

If it's KM i'll be shocked because surely we would have bought some players of his choice in before the deadline. The guy ain't gonna wait till deadline day say......."Oh BTW Randy I'd like the job afterall & I'd like to sign......ooops sorry, silly me..it's too late! :oops:"

I think the whole KM thing has been a smoke screen for bigger targets and as perhaps a stop gap if all else fails.

Watch this space because I think we could be in for a surprise! :!:

You know ive been thinking it was km now for 3 weeks.

Just got a message off someone and i think you maybe be right. :oops:

(JUST A RUMOR....Lerner is not in the country at the moment, flew out for talks about the managers job.)

Is lerner out the country at the moment?......If so what country?