Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

According to a seemingly well informed article published at 20.30 on the Guardian website, Villa have a shortlist of 5 headed by KM. Apparrently RL & PF were interviewing a candidate yesterday so it is very feasible that RL's trip abroad is to do an interview.

The article is quite detailed so they definitely have an inside track - check out and tell me what you think?

Clicky

Apart from MacDonald it doesn't actually mention who else is on this five man short list and actually goes on to mention 6 other managers Hughes, Jol, Mcleish, Allardyce, Moyes and Southgate.

I'd suggest whoever wrote that article knows about as much as we do. Which is **** all.

FFS this is a thread about our new manager and the article relates to that. Some right grumpy people tonight!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can appoint anyone with some experience, but appointing someone who has never managed before is totally the wrong decision and would be a huge mistake by Lerner. It's time for him to show who he is, if he **** this up he'll lose plenty of support.

That article doesn't even make a mention of Sven or Koeman. I'd be very surprised if Sven wasn't one of the final candidates considering he fits the profile of what they are apparantly looking for. Not only that but he's a lot more easy to approach than most of the other managers since he doesn't really have a full-time position. I say they know about as much as everyone else.

If we appoint Kev Mac, I'll have lost all faith in Lerner.

I'm just a little annoyed that Kev could have named some players to bring in that would strengthened the squad as he knows what positions need extra players as cover.

Meh, we might not even need them, I just hope we don't have many injuries when we need them players for the bigger games.

According to a seemingly well informed article published at 20.30 on the Guardian website, Villa have a shortlist of 5 headed by KM. Apparrently RL & PF were interviewing a candidate yesterday so it is very feasible that RL's trip abroad is to do an interview.

The article is quite detailed so they definitely have an inside track - check out and tell me what you think?

Clicky

Apart from MacDonald it doesn't actually mention who else is on this five man short list and actually goes on to mention 6 other managers Hughes, Jol, Mcleish, Allardyce, Moyes and Southgate.

I'd suggest whoever wrote that article knows about as much as we do. Which is **** all.

FFS this is a thread about our new manager and the article relates to that. Some right grumpy people tonight!

Mike I wasn't having a pop at you mate just that the article headline is a little misleading in that it mentions a five man short list states its headed by MacDonald then mentions six other managers.

Newcastle and Vienna showed what can happen in games under an inexperienced manager. Experience is vitally important
You made your point the first time. :P

I really don't think it will be K Mac. We should at least wait and see who actually is appointed as manager before moaning. Just because K Mac came out and said he was interested in the job today doesn't mean he's going to get it.

Newcastle and Vienna showed what can happen in games under an inexperienced manager. Experience is vitally important

You learn from your mistakes.....I'm not sure if he did or not as he was going to put Ireland in with Petrov for the Everton game....We'll never know if things would have been different now.

At the end of the day when those players go on the pitch it is up to them to play well and get a result. That Newcastle result was a disgrace by so called professionals.

Agreed but they were also happening last season under a very experienced manager.

End of the day, whoever the manager is, what's certain in football in a season is you'll win some games well, lose some games poorly and draw some games.

And a 6-0 defeat at Newcastle and a 1-0 win over Everton actually gets you more points than a 2-2 against Everton and 1-1 away to Wolves as happened last season. Surely it's better if we stopped drawing even if it means the odd thumping here and there?