Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's Domenech then? :P

Or Houllier? (shudder)

I hadn't even considered him. I'd take him like a shot. He's a winner. He actually wins things and is available. He is infinitely preferable to the guaranteed mediocrity we would be under Curbishley for example.

Of the realistic targets

Would love - Moyes and Klinsmann

Wouldn't mind - Sven

Would not like - Curbs, Southgate, K Mac etc

Agree with all your ratings except Klinsman - why do you think he would be such a good choice?

Of the realistic targets

Wouldn't mind - Sven

Agree with all your ratings except Klinsman - why do you think he would be such a good choice?

Pretty much the reasons that have already been given. Did well with Germany, good with youth players etc.

Of the realistic targets

Wouldn't mind - Sven

Pretty much the reasons that have already been given. Did well with Germany, good with youth players etc.

Fair enough - I don't fancy him myself but maybe I'm biased as I hated him as a player.

I'd take Moyes, Sven or Houlier over Klinsman

Or Houllier? (shudder)

I hadn't even considered him. I'd take him like a shot. He's a winner. He actually wins things and is available. He is infinitely preferable to the guaranteed mediocrity we would be under Curbishley for example.

We'd wind up with Milan Baros again! :shock:

Or Houllier? (shudder)

We'd wind up with Milan Baros again! :shock:

I'd take Bosko Balaban back if it meant we won silverware.

Anyone but Moyes - cannot stand the fella

My brother-in-law is a Bluenose and he did a tour of the SMA stadium - the guide said that Moyes is known as the rudest visiting manager and smashed up the away dressing room last season.

Saying that he would be my first choice (although one good season with us and he'd be ready to step in Fergies shoes so maybe not)

The latest comments from Krulak (and I admit I may be reading them the wrong way) but they do not exactly fill me with confidence and suggest, to me at least, that Macdonald is the man