Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put 10 quid on Hughes this morning, someone on betfair was offering 180 to 1, just for £6, then I put 4 qui on him at 50-1. Not much chance I know but that would be 1400 quid if we managed to get Hughes

I'd be in for 510 quid. Get him in for this reason alone haha!!

Yeah i'd say the majority of Everton fans will be happy with Moyes.

Just as the majority of Villa fans were happy with MON.

The only way i can see Moyes joining Villa is if he walks out on the club for his own reasons (like MON here) and then we make an offer to him.

But i really do not think that will happen.

Bookmakers react to any significant market activity and as it seems a few on here have put money on Moyes and that is likely to see his odds tumble. I guess Rodwell's potential move and Randy's hand shake (although he may do this before every game for all we know) will have fuelled such speculation. As has been said already I can't see Moyes leaving now and guess he is waiting until Manchester United replace Fergie. But, if available he would be my pick.

I had thought Bradley a decent bet but he lacks the coaching badge that the LMA insist upon (although they have moved the goal posts on this before for the likes of Roeder and might just be persuaded to do the same for an international manager).

I also have yet to rule out KM despite that club statement. Why would we not look at appointing a manager before this week unless he was under consideration (other than to wait until the window has closed)? I think that had the Rapid & Newcastle results not gone so badly it might have happened by now and although a defeat on Sunday would have stopped the appointment happening a top 4 place and a victory does the reverse. Players have now backed him after the game and he is the easy option because he will not make the same demands that a big name would on taking over the club. I suspect that we may yet find the club saying in a few days that having explored all of the alternatives we have decided that KM as a man who knows the club so well is the best man available to continue to keep the club moving forwards.

Just as the majority of Villa fans were happy with MON.

I think that it was about 50/50 in the satisfaction ratings. There always two different camps during MON's reign.

Back o.t., I just don't see Moyes leaving Everton in what would merely be a sideways move.

I have a lot of time for Tor-Kristian Karlsen. Certainly knows his stuff when it comes to scouring the world for talented players. I read his blog and he seems extremely updated on talent around the world, follows all kinds of youth tournaments and so on.

I actually asked him (mostly as a joke) on his blog once if he'd be interested to do a bit of scouting for us, his answer? "Don't think that's a possibility as Martin O'Neill likes to bring in his own players" :-)

Only 35 years old, but has been Chief scout for Hannover in 2004-2006, was scout for Bayer Leverkusen in 2000-2004 (is said to be the guy responsible for bringing Berbatov, amongst others, to Leverkusen), scout for Watford in 1998-2000 and Grasshopper-Club Zurich in 96-98.

Does punditry/analysis work for BBC Radio Five Live and Norwegian TV2. News writer, analyst and journalistic work for BBC Radio, FIFA Magazine, SportBild, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, The Independent, The Times and Four Four Two.

I'd say he's got his sources straight all right, definitely not the guy to spout bollocks for the sake of it.

I reckon either Moyes, McCleish, Hughes or Bruce, one of those is my bet, all of whom will cause a bit of a stir (for different reasons) in the British media.

Whether we'll be able to get 'our guy' or not, now that's another question.

He made that statement on the 11th before the season started, everton have made a bad start and he has not been given the backing with funds. He might not get funds at Villa but he might leave Everton

He will get funding at Villa. Its the only reason why he would consider it. Waste of time recruiting somebody like him, if your not going to back him.