Barry Bannan

villianusa

What's interesting and well nice is checking out the Guardien Chalkboard, usually all our midfielders passes, you can see are all round the centre, very short passes, 90% about 10 yards maximum, yet went onto Bannan's and it's just sprayed all over the park, long, medium, short passing, all different places on the pitch.

Nice to have someone willing to try passes like for the goal.

Sidesque I'd call it!

What's interesting and well nice is checking out the Guardien Chalkboard, usually all our midfielders passes, you can see are all round the centre, very short passes, 90% about 10 yards maximum, yet went onto Bannan's and it's just sprayed all over the park, long, medium, short passing, all different places on the pitch.

Sidesque I'd call it!

I agree with the Bicks :winkold:

Sidesque I'd call it!

I said that to my Old Man when we scored! Fortunately, he didn't say be a city fan so I didn't have to call him a word removed.

I like him. He was good yesterday and i hope he develops further to be the player we want him to be but lets not overhype him after 1 game. He needs consistency and hope he gets it.

Maybe in 5 years he will be Scottish Xavi

Barry Bannan is the Scottish Paul Scholes. I think they are very similar in terms of style (not end product just yet!). His performance yesterday suggested to me that he certainly has a future with us as a Premier League player.
His ball to Albrighton was very similar to the Scholes and Beckham partnership at United.

I echo most people's sentiments. Motson didn't even mention the ball. If that was Gerrard to Torres it would make the backpage. So biased. One of the best balls I've seen this season. The one just before wasn't too bad either.

I was there and I think we started off singing 'Xavi' instead of 'who needs Barry'. I reckon we should combine it!

I must admit I didn't see the game yesterday but from what I've heard from people who were there he had a good game. Was a great ball for Albrighton for the goals as well. Liked the look of him last week against sha. I reckon he could well feature a lot the rest of this season.

I didnt see the game yesterday, but a swedish reporter that saw the game said that "Barry bannan dominated the midfield and he tought villa had a great future with players like Bannan and albrighton"

I was quite surprised to hear those words from him so Barry bannan must have been very good yesterday..