Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is fake.

They are posing for a photo with the bar girl behind the bar. Probably so she can stick the photo on the wall of famous people that have been in her place.

Someone has used the photo to stick a scarf across them and is laughing their ass off at the reaction of Villa fans.

Can anyone confirm if Downing has withdrawn a transfer request?

Football Fanzine have tweeted that SD has withdrawn one (which I wasn't aware of any reports to say that he'd put one in)

and is holding talks with McCleish.

Downing could easily wear a Liverpool jacket infront of Faulkner and nothing would happen.

The club doesn't care on what he does and they especially don't care on what the fans have to say.

But yet again I'm seeing fans boo-hoo to the general. When will you ever learn.

It is fake.

They are posing for a photo with the bar girl behind the bar. Probably so she can stick the photo on the wall of famous people that have been in her place.

Someone has used the photo to stick a scarf across them and is laughing their ass off at the reaction of Villa fans.

I'm sure this is true but the very fact that Downing was in a bar with Andy Carroll has shaken my faith in him.

Downing could easily wear a Liverpool jacket infront of Faulkner and nothing would happen.

The club doesn't care on what he does and they especially don't care on what the fans have to say.

But yet again I'm seeing fans boo-hoo to the general. When will you ever learn.

Another OnlyOne post with no substance, how do you make up this shit.

It is fake.

I'm sure this is true but the very fact that Downing was in a bar with Andy Carroll has shaken my faith in him.

They've known each other since they were kids, like Joe Hart and Wayne Rooney hanging around together.

That scarf looks photoshopped though.

Both Downing and Villa have stated that this pic is faked.

Obviously not enough for some...

The version I saw had two sets of hands holding the scarf at the Downing end, so it must have been photoshopped and was a fake.

Not seen a different version, but maybe someone has?

Talksport Picture

See the two pairs of hands holding the scarf Downing's end? Impossible. It's a fake

The version I saw had two sets of hands holding the scarf at the Downing end, so it must have been photoshopped and was a fake.

Talksport Picture

See the two pairs of hands holding the scarf Downing's end? Impossible. It's a fake

I have seen much better photoshops. How could they not notice Downing's hands?

I think we are being a little unfair on Downing to be honest - Some drunken lady recognised two famous footballers and decides to get her photo taken with them. They could well have had a Liverpool scarf in the bar and encouraged Stewart to hold onto it for a bit of fun.

Now what is he supposed to do - refuse and look a right miserable git for doing it, or just go with the flow ?

From what I have seen of Stewart and the occasional chat I have had with him, he is very easy going and probably decided rather then offend the lady, he duly obliged.

I doubt for one minute Stewart would think this photo would then be plastered on the internet, and caused the issues it has.

I don't think he is being disloyal to Villa in the slightest, he is on holiday and should be able to do what he bloody well wants.

This is the age of believing what we want to believe because it confirms what we already believe. Well that's what I believe, and this thread just confirms it!

Talksport Picture

It's the scarf's tassles. There aren't 2 hands. You can see it more easily on the zoomed in photos earlier in the thread. As for those saying the scarf's been 'shopped in, why would the woman be pinching her fingers like that if she wasn't holding a scarf?

Downing's going to say it's a fake isn't he? I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to antagonise the fans even more.

I say sell him while his stock is high. Can't be bother seeing another half arse display from a winger who has eyes on a move. We will get much less next season, so sell now and invest while we have a new manager, hopefully we can have a quite low key summer next season, without any want away players.

Â