Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Both Downing and Villa have stated that this pic is faked.

Obviously not enough for some...

The version I saw had two sets of hands holding the scarf at the Downing end, so it must have been photoshopped and was a fake.

Not seen a different version, but maybe someone has?

Talksport Picture

See the two pairs of hands holding the scarf Downing's end? Impossible. It's a fake

I have seen much better photoshops. How could they not notice Downing's hands?

There aren't two pairs of hands.

It does trick the eye, but look at it and count the fingers. It's one hand.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Downing and Villa have stated that this pic is faked.

Obviously not enough for some...

The version I saw had two sets of hands holding the scarf at the Downing end, so it must have been photoshopped and was a fake.

Not seen a different version, but maybe someone has?

Talksport Picture

See the two pairs of hands holding the scarf Downing's end? Impossible. It's a fake

It's the scarf's tassles. There aren't 2 hands. You can see it more easily on the zoomed in photos earlier in the thread. As for those saying the scarf's been 'shopped in, why would the woman be pinching her fingers like that if she wasn't holding a scarf?

Downing's going to say it's a fake isn't he? I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to antagonise the fans even more.

Because it's not her hand.

The two hands holding the scarf on the right are part of the shopped in scarf photo.

I'd say her hand would be on Downings sholder.

The guy who did it is probably on here laughing his ass off.

Actually, Downing has only denied that he stood in the bar with a Liverpool scarf. He hasn't denied he was in the bar with Andy Carroll. He needs now to tell us what he actually was holding and why he was so gullible as to pose for a picture whose publication wouldn't be under his control. :detect:

Actually, Downing has only denied that he stood in the bar with a Liverpool scarf. He hasn't denied he was in the bar with Andy Carroll. He needs now to tell us what he actually was holding and why he was so gullible as to pose for a picture whose publication wouldn't be under his control. :detect:

Sorry but thats rubbish, Downing really needs to explain nothing, he's a rich bloke on holiday who go asked to pose for a photo by some girl. That's it, that simple.

Sorry but thats rubbish, Downing really needs to explain nothing, he's a rich bloke on holiday who go asked to pose for a photo by some girl. That's it, that simple.

Agree totally it really is a mountain out of a molehill this. I have a pic somewhere of me with a Villa player, where the Villa player is actually wearing a Newcastle shirt on holiday with his mates.

If you meet a footballer on holiday and ask for a pic and you happen to have a Villa scarf on you, I bet most will not say a thing and think it funny.

He needs now to tell us what he actually was holding and why he was so gullible as to pose for a picture whose publication wouldn't be under his control. :detect:

I hope you're joking briny!

'Sorry, I won't be taking a photo with you, football fan, because you might do something to the photo on microsoft paint, then lot's of internet fans will be upset'

Which then got broadcast around the world in a form that made it look as if he was provoking the fans who helped make him a rich bloke by celebrating the club he is rumoured to want to go to.

If he doesn't need to explain anything, why did he issue any sort of denial?

My point was, if he's going to issue a denial, it needs to be one that makes full sense and isn't obviously carefully worded spin.

That photo is real no matter what Villa or Downing say, when people go on about Fabregas, well for one Fabregas a shirt was forced on and second he is a Barcelona kid and supports them, so you can understand it. However if Downing was standing with a Middlesbrough scarf, doubt you could find one wherever he was, I wouldn't think there would be so much uproar about it.

That photo is real no matter what Villa or Downing say, when people go on about Fabregas, well for one Fabregas a shirt was forced on and second he is a Barcelona kid and supports them, so you can understand it. However if Downing was standing with a Middlesbrough scarf, doubt you could find one wherever he was, I wouldn't think there would be so much uproar about it.

The photo is real, Carroll and Downing are mates from their time up north.

The scarf and the hands holding it have been added in by a pool fan.

The orginal photo will probably come out eventually.

I'm not sure the scarf is legit. The lighting looks insconsistent with the rest of the image.

Anyway, I couldn't give a ****. If he's holding a scarf, so what? Stop pissing your pants over every little thing.

If he wants out we'll get a large fee for him and move on. If we dont get a large fee he isn't going anywhere.

If he wants a higher standard of football, Liverpool can't offer it to him anyway.

**** Liverpool.

Is this a joke or what??

Needs to apologise/explain himself? What??

Im sorry, but some people on here really struggle to understant that:

a) Stewart Downing can do exactly what he wants - lawfully

and

B) he doesnt really give two shits about any football fan out there.

I genuinelly dont get this anger that people like Downing/faulkner, dont listen to the fans etc? So what?????? Just try and enjoy football!!

I would rather him stay but if he goes - so what. We probably wont win anything with him anyway. hes genuinely not going to make that much difference.

The loss of all 4 (Barry, Milner, Young, Downing) spose you could throw Laursen in ther. Them 5, with Bent - and we may have had a chance.

The damage is already done - time to get back to just enjoying footy, or at least thats what im trying to do

Which then got broadcast around the world in a form that made it look as if he was provoking the fans who helped make him a rich bloke by celebrating the club he is rumoured to want to go to.

My point was, if he's going to issue a denial, it needs to be one that makes full sense and isn't obviously carefully worded spin.

He needed to issue a denial because people are making a huge deal out of nothing, I would imagine his denial came at the behest of the club, rather than guilt as you seem to imply

The photo is real, Carroll and Downing are mates from their time up north.

The scarf and the hands holding it have been added in by a pool fan.

I agree... Downing posed with girl and Carroll is probably real but scarf added.

He needed to issue a denial because people are making a huge deal out of nothing, I would imagine his denial came at the behest of the club, rather than guilt as you seem to imply

Bang on Bicks.

The Club issued a denial not SD.

The clubs "Head of PR" or some such phoned SD when this all blew up and asked the question (I believe Matt Kendrick's got actual quotes from the guy at Villa)

Lets get a life people

If it's not two hands holding the end of the scarf then counting the fingers there's at least 6!

Looks dodgy to me and not very well photoshopped.

fingersn.jpg

I count 4.

The more I look at it though it becomes clearer that the scarf has been added.

Thing which gets me thinking is that he's on holiday, somewhere pretty hot like Barbados or Ibiza which were suggested. Why would anyone have a scarf? Pretty sure they haven't gone for a quick Alpine getaway! :detect:

Thing which gets me thinking is that he's on holiday, somewhere pretty hot like Barbados or Ibiza which were suggested. Why would anyone have a scarf? Pretty sure they haven't gone for a quick Alpine getaway! :detect:

bars in ibiza are full of footy scarfs

C'mon guys, either way, this is getting boring now.

Let's not talk about this photo anymore, we can't all be that bored, surely?

(I am THAT bored, but would rather talk about something more interesting)

Â