Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Woodytom you clearly know nothing about the England U21s. If you did you would realise how Pearce has his favourites and despite Marc performing well in every game he's started in he's never been a regular. The same can be said about Scott Sinclair, who has had a great season too.

Pearce prefers to pick the likes of Danny Rose who has played poorly 90% of the time he's put on the England shirt, and it has never been explained why.

So you are wrong.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not sure albrighton will be good enough to be a regular starter for us. I thought he was terrible 2nd half of last season and i wouldn't be impressed if we didn't sign another winger to play on the other flank to downing.

(Post edited - please stop the giant quotes)

At the time, Yes.

Heskey was playing well with Rooney

As much as it pains - only in the last 6 months has Ash not looked totally out of his depth for England. Even more so than lennon and SWP. And that pains me to say.

I see your point tho POB

However, when you think how much we big Marc up, you would have thought anyone would pick him for the u21 - numpty or not. Point is we big him up too much imo

from the majority of comments I've seen I think most people believe he is a talented young player who's already established as a decent Premier League player and potentially could be very good for us.

Is that really over-rating the player? tell me what part of that isn't true?

from the majority of comments I've seen I think most people believe he is a talented young player who's already established as a decent Premier League player and potentially could be very good for us.

The establish prem player for a start.

Ive read - 'we have a real player on our hands' on more than 15 occasions. Every time he played actually.

Seriously, Ive read some ridiculous posts regarding him.

Ive read - 'we have a real player on our hands' on more than 15 occasions. Every time he played actually.

So are you saying the MAJORITY of posts state Albrighton is something he isn't? I can't really remember not, the guy has created goals and scored goals in his first full season as a Premiership Player, what is wrong with people stating that he will be a good player?

should we just simply say "won't make it" on every youngsters thread?

So are you saying the MAJORITY of posts state Albrighton is something he isn't? I can't really remember not, the guy has created goals and scored goals in his first full season as a Premiership Player, what is wrong with people stating that he will be a good player?

If they believe he wont make it then state that. people should State what you truly believe, but be prepared for ridiculous beliefs to be challenged! Top 3 youngesters in the league for example :bang:

Its just madness

If they believe he wont make it then state that. people should State what you truly believe, but be prepared for ridiculous beliefs to be challenged! Top 3 youngesters in the league for example :bang:

Its just madness

How many people have said that? and if they truely believe that, why can't they sat it?

I don't get why you are generally (Not the first time) wound up about the fact Villa fans, on a Villa board possibly over-rated our younger players.

and you keep plodding on about Rooney.....there's only two players IMO in the last 8-10 years who at 16/17 have come out youth academies who are or will be world class and that's him and Jack Wilshere, so it's hardly something that other clubs are doing regularly while we don't bring any through.

Our youth set up must have one of the highest conversion rates for youngsters - to playing first team games for Villa.

How many people have said that? and if they truely believe that, why can't they sat it?

I don't get why you are generally (Not the first time) wound up about the fact Villa fans, on a Villa board possibly over-rated our younger players.

and you keep plodding on about Rooney.....there's only two players IMO in the last 8-10 years who at 16/17 have come out youth academies who are or will be world class and that's him and Jack Wilshere, so it's hardly something that other clubs are doing regularly while we don't bring any through.

Our youth set up must have one of the highest conversion rates for youngsters - to playing first team games for Villa.

They can say it - but I will always challenge it!

Wound up?? Not wound up at all. Admittedly, (in relative terms) it is a topic on Villa talk that frustrates me and for that reason I challenge it quite often.

Its not so much the over rating of the youngsters, more the balance of it against the criticisms, that players who have actually achieved something in the game.

Theres just no consistency at all

Its just madness

I said top five actually, maybe top three.

Name me five who are better? Or three if you cant think of five.

Â