Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to Downing he has every right to wait for the club to sort out the manger situation before he considers signing a new contract.

Anyway I think the club should take a hard-line on both him and Young if they don’t agree new deals.

Both want to play for England in the Euro’s. They are contracted to us. We can be fair, agree a release fee and sign a new contract otherwise you will both spend the year on the f**kin bench!

Honestly, I believe they will blink first!

Looking on redcafe, the majority don't seem to rate him, I wish I could sign up and well put their misguided views straight. Unfortunately I don't know how to set up any other email account apart from hotmail/gmail etc...

It's sad but it annoys me ...."he's complete cack" ....."if he had Young's pace..." He's quicker than Young for jeeps sake!!

People always seem to think Downing isn't that quick. Ridiculous really, probably the third fastest player in the squad after the speed machines (Gabby and Walker).

Young and Downing out for around 30m. N'Zogbia, Kranjcar, and some foreign/french bloke that Houllier knows about ( or two) and Bob's your uncle. Seems like I'm the only one going into this summer with a positive frame of mind where transfers are concerened. nd we've saved a bit of money with NRC's wages so we can go and get a half decent foreigner for sensible wages. Game on.

Really do not want to lose Downing. I'm resigned to the loss of Young now but not Downing. That would shatter me! Really hope we manage to let Young go early and show some intent with his replacement and that would demonstrate to Downing that he should sign long term!

Apparently we have just snubbed a quiet £18 million, for Downing from Liverpool. Proof we dont wanna sell mi thinks!

Anymore than that though, I think would be tempting!!!

How do you know that?

Looking on redcafe, the majority don't seem to rate him, I wish I could sign up and well put their misguided views straight. Unfortunately I don't know how to set up any other email account apart from hotmail/gmail etc...

It's sad but it annoys me ...."he's complete cack" ....."if he had Young's pace..." He's quicker than Young for jeeps sake!!

Trust me, I am constantly arguing with their fans, they do not believe anybody other than them can have the answer, what they say is gospel and very frustrating. Most I know think Bent is average and only scores goals through penalties and even argued with me that half his Villa goals have been pens. I am not kidding.. I have a massive hatred of their fans through the ones who talk so much **** shit.

I really don't think Downing's leaving in this window. All he's said, is that he doesn't want to sign a new contract at this point, that's all. Given the current managerial situation, I'd say that's quite prudent. Its going to be down to the club to persuade him to stay. The best way of doing that in my opinion, is to back the manager (whoever it is) and make a few marquee signings this summer, then really going all out to win something next season. F.A Cup anyone?

I'd be surprised if he left tbh, unless the personal deal was too ridiculous to turn down. He actually looks to be enjoying himself since DB came and I think he'll be buoyed by the fact he's the fans choice. I hope to think he's a bit more loyal than that.

Besides, the idea of him going to liverscum does'nt even bear thinking about.

If we could get £25m then we would be laughing, but i personally would sell him at £20m if we received such an offer.

Obviously hold out for the highest amount but if that was £20m i would sell.

I wonder if the same people that say sell if we are offered a particular price are the same people that want the manager out at the end of the season when we are perceived to have underperformed.

Yes i would sell for £20m and yes i do want the manager sacked/to retire.

There is also nothing perceived about our underperfomrance, we have finshed lower in the league with less points and most of our big wins came without the manager in charge.

Dont see what your getting at though?

Â