Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

What has made him change his mind in such a short space of tiem though? Why did Young change his mind last season after hinting he wanted to sign a new deal. Is it that we didn't sell the club enough in the coming years or that they have been tapped up from elsewhere.

of course theyre tapped up. the clubs talk to their agents, the agents talk to the players. but because there are these agents involved acting as middle men it is well within the rules...hence why i am seriously considering turning my back on football.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right back to reality without going crazy!!!!!

Stuart downing has obviously done this on behalf of his brain washing agent.

This is what happens. Stuart will first tell all his fans how much he loves Villa and will never leave, this may be the truth. The (words removed) agent tells Stuart to hold fire on his contact, which in turn attracts other clubs interest to purchase him and maybe tap his agent up. The (Cu****) agent then speaks to our board and tells them there is loads of interest in our boy and he will need him on lots more money (i.e agent gets a huge bung) or else he will consider leaving. This can happen even though I believe stuart has no real intention of leaving.

Its all about the agents, they want there players on as much money as humanly possible, because they can get away with it. They are all disgusting words removed. Most think of themselves not the players, fact!!

The thing we need to do is if Stuart does not accept the deal on the table, is to offer him for £30 million. If no one offers that figure he has to stay. If we get £30 million, hey ho. We will replace him.

By the way Stuarts agent is Struan Marshall, the same guy who looks after Steven Gerard, so his making noooooooo money lately so will be looking for a good bonus! He has recently took on Stuart, after his previous agent was arrested for fraud, so is looking to make some money from him.

Lets say its sort of a Rooney situation, but unlike Man U we should not fold to this!

Not signing a new contract and wanting to leave are two completely differnent things.

He may simply be doing this to get a better deal or maybe waiting for new signings ior a new manager etc.

Don't panic just yet.

hurrah

some sense in a sea of idiocy at last

To be fair, thats probably what people were saying last summer about Young and look at that situation now.

It is absolutely what people were saying about Young last summer and what people said about Milner and Barry before him.

I even recall someone saying that, just because Milner was going to talk to Man C, it didn't mean he was leaving...maybe just wanted to see what the ground was like (I exaggerate a bit...)

Come on guys, get real.

We know the routine by now and the first part of the procedure is to decline new contract talks when the club tries to pin you down to an extension (probably linked with statements about how you'd like to play CL football and win cups).

Lets say its sort of a Rooney situation, but unlike Man U we should not fold to this!

We've folded 3 times. What makes you think the board has guts to prevent Downing going? They're gutless to do a damn thing. Blame them.

We've folded 3 times. What makes you think the board has guts to prevent Downing going? They're gutless to do a damn thing. Blame them.

Lets take £30 million then!

Not signing a new contract and wanting to leave are two completely differnent things.

He may simply be doing this to get a better deal or maybe waiting for new signings ior a new manager etc.

Don't panic just yet.

:thumb:

Sense... at last

Don't panic just yet.

:thumb:

Sense... at last

You're very naive!

Have you forgotten the last two summers already???

we held out with barry, that was until man city came calling. with milner it was yet again man city who tempted him. when man city are involved i doubt there are many clubs at all who are able to keep hold of their players. they can just offer such outlandish wages that players always want to go. even more so now they finally have champions league

you do realise young and downing are still villa players right? so thats twice we have "folded" (if thats what you want to call it) not 3 times. yet again you are treating your own hypothetical situations as facts and using them to criticize the club.

If he wants to leave he will leave, and probably to Liverpool. Meh.

I dont blame him, id do the same if I was him in his position. We're a midtable club and will be for the forseeable future. We are not going to win any trophies in the next ten years so who can blame him?!

Not a dig at the club, I love Randy and co. but its just the way it is im afraid.

UptheVilla

Would you want to stay given the situation we have at the moment? Not me.....ignoring I am a fan as Downing isn't, it's just his workplace.

Get in someone like Ancellotti and Wilkins, spend some money, get rid of the driftwood we have and he MIGHT change his mind. Stick with Clousseau and McTwat and forget it.

Downing proclaiming he doesn't want to sign a contract is an obvious come and get me plea, unless he has been severely misquoted.

We sign him after he's been relegated and crippled. We show him patience as he settles back in, regaining fitness and overcoming the obvious mental concerns he had about tackling/being tackled.

Now he has a decent season and he's looking to move on. He owes us, we took a big risk on him, gave him the time he needs and are due more than this. Spineless git.

It's now I feel I have to state that being injured in not quite the same as being 'Crippled'...

So there was a long queue of teams lining up to sign a player with a broken foot held together with a metal bolt.

Downing proclaiming he doesn't want to sign a contract is an obvious come and get me plea, unless he has been severely misquoted.

We sign him after he's been relegated and crippled. We show him patience as he settles back in, regaining fitness and overcoming the obvious mental concerns he had about tackling/being tackled.

Now he has a decent season and he's looking to move on. He owes us, we took a big risk on him, gave him the time he needs and are due more than this. Spineless git.

This is true.

I see it as he might still feels he owes us but giving whats happening around the club feel he cannot commit. I agree I would properly do the same. Do I think he will leave? Don't know. I could see it happening but I can also see a massive massive outrage if we lose him and Ashley in one summer.

Very hypocritical this site. It was great when Delph and Downing came. Ditto Bent this year. But terrible when any of them want to leave????? Its the nature of football - you might say you reap what you sow.

If Leeds had kept Delph and Beckford they might be a Premier League club by now but they couldn't because the two of them had aspirations to play at a higher level. And that was right?? But when our players have the same feelings its really wrong and betrayal??????????????????

I'm not saying we shouldn't fight to keep Downing BUT if, and there is still an if because his statement isn't definitive, he wants to go we have to accept that and, IMO, sell him this summer and get the maximum value because we will be into the old lower value next year as he only has a year left. We would then need to invest the hopefully £40 million+ from the sale of the two wide players in the best way possible.

And anybody that blames the board wants their head looking at. There are people on here that don't even go to games regularly calling Randy because he has only invested a couple of hundred million into a football club. Get a grip!

Â