Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who exactly did you speak to?

Just a few people high up, just said how impressed they have been with him and surprised with his quality. The 'wouldn't sell fora ridiciolous offer' sorry wasn't something they said, just what I feel going from the things I heard. Especially while he's got 2 years left. Basically, nowhere near £12 million, (I think, could be wrong!)

That article really is laughable. N'Gog worth £8 million and Downing worth £12 million? Where exactly do they get stuff like that from?

This.

It's not worth the paper it's printed on. Lee "gets sent off every game" Cattermole worth the same as Downing? Don't make me **** laugh!

He insisted: "Our history and tradition makes us attractive whether we are or aren't involved in European competition.

Dont talk bollocks Dalglish! Its all about your club has some money now and how much you gonna offer.

Players dont give a shit about your history and tradition. :D

It's not so much the history and tradition as reputation and popularity.

Liverpool players get more worldwide TV coverage, better shirt sales and higher status than most clubs can offer. And they get to play in an iconic stadium.

Even I can realise Liverpool are a bigger club than us. If that's where Downing wants to go then what's stopping him? It's not exactly gonna be our powerless board is it?

He won't be going for anything like £12million **** quid, is the point.

Even I can realise Liverpool are a bigger club than us. If that's where Downing wants to go then what's stopping him? It's not exactly gonna be our powerless board is it?

What's stopping him? Other clubs thinking we would even contemplate selling him for £12 million. That's what.

Why would he go to Liverpool?

They aint even in the Europa League, let alone the Champions League.

He might as well stay at Villa - Luke Young can clearly see that AVFC > LFC :winkold:

If we sell BOTH Young and Downing before season ticket renewal deadline I will seriously consider not renewing! I accepted the fact that Young is going to go but if we allow Downing to go aswell then it's **** outrageous!

Let both of them go, easily replaced with some good scouting

Especially young way over rated

Downing - hot and cold mostly cold.

Wouldn't care less if we bought right.

yeh its that easy..........

FFS

:bonk:

anyhow Downing wont be going THIS summer unless silly money is thrown.

Probably be off next summer tho...

It is what people were saying about Young last summer and what people said about Milner and Barry before him.

I even recall someone saying that, just because Milner was going to talk to Man C, it didn't mean he was leaving...maybe just wanted to see what the ground was like (I exaggerate a bit...)

Come on guys, get real.

We know the routine by now and the first part of the procedure is to decline new contract talks when the club tries to pin you down to an extension (probably linked with statements about how you'd like to play CL football and win cups).

This, although I think we've got one more year with Downing and we should use it to bloody well get to the Champion's League. **** 'em.

Part of me thinks fair enough - we've been a disaster this season in practically every way, can't blame anyone for wanting out really, and it was partly the chance to work with MON that brought him here in the first place. He's in his best years and just had a great season, so it's the perfect time for him to seek what would be the most important contract of his career.

And the other part of me thinks what a bloody ungrateful tosser, wanting out so soon after we rescued him from Boro while he was seriously injured.

Still, as ever in these situations, I think if the player doesn't want to be here then **** him, sell to the highest bidder. No player is ever irreplaceable. Get someone in who actually wants to play for the club.

As long as only one goes out of young or downing and the other signs a new deal. albrighton will fill one gap but we don't have another. We can't rely on us selling a player and getting one better for less money.

Â