On which channel will you watch the World Cup final?

The_Rev

One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?

• BBC
    • ITV

And they missed Gerrard vs the USA.

eh?

Well I saw it

It is true, I heard on ITV HD channel the coverage cut out. The mother in law was complaining about that. Hehehe.

So it was just the HD channel?? That makes more sense

The Everton one was apparently automated, because the game had overrun by so much someone had forgot to knock the little switch which says 'do not go to commercial break'.

I have no idea what happened with the Gerrard one though. I don't have HD so don't know in what way it cut out - but it was 5 minutes into the game, surely no excuses there.

You can say unlucky that twice it's cut out they've missed goals, but is this more of a case of selective memory? ITV games have probably cut out a few times, and we just don't remember they cutting out because nothing happened.

I remember watching the Liverpool v Everton cup match a year or so ago. last minute of extra time, ITV blunder into an ad break only to return back to the match to see Everton players rolling on the floor celebrating the last minute winner. After that the option of the BBC is the only one for me.
That was shocking. Truely shocking.

Amazed Sky were not allowed this World Cup at all. Obviously the games needed to be available terrestrially, but I'd have thought SKY would have tried harder to get the games aswell as BBC/ITV.

I guess FIFA want all of the games available to everyone to watch. Otherwise Sky would have blown all other bids out of the water. I kind of agree with that view, as it is unfair to not have World Cup games available to everyone in the world with a TV.

I would hate Sky with the World Cup it would be a disgrace. Having clueless word removed Yes Men like Gray and Redknapp and would be disgusting.

They struggle on Champions League nights about continental players that dont play Premier League. World Cup would be worse

I remember watching the Liverpool v Everton cup match a year or so ago. last minute of extra time, ITV blunder into an ad break only to return back to the match to see Everton players rolling on the floor celebrating the last minute winner. After that the option of the BBC is the only one for me.

Amazed Sky were not allowed this World Cup at all. Obviously the games needed to be available terrestrially, but I'd have thought SKY would have tried harder to get the games aswell as BBC/ITV.

I guess FIFA want all of the games available to everyone to watch. Otherwise Sky would have blown all other bids out of the water. I kind of agree with that view, as it is unfair to not have World Cup games available to everyone in the world with a TV.

Sky aren't allowed the World Cup. Thankfully.

The Crown Jewels

And they missed Gerrard vs the USA.

eh?

Well I saw it

It was ITV HD. They spent the entire build up advertising their HD channel and how everybody should buy a HDTV to watch it on. Then they miss the first goal from the first game anybody is actually interested in.

(video)

Sky aren't allowed the World Cup. Thankfully.

The Crown Jewels

And rightly so too. The crown jewels of sport is a great thing, having a world cup that is entirely free to air is fantastic. I just worry that now with the Tories it it will be scrapped at some point. Rupert Murdoch is such a big financial backer of the Tory party that he will be asking them to deregulate the TV a bit more so Sky can sew even more things up.

Can't believe anyone would prefer to have their pre-match, half-time and post-match punctuated by the most annoying adverts going (especially them stupid car ones) every minute and a half, just to get away from watching jug-ears and friends.

Aunty Beeb ftw!

Serious question though..... why is ITV's coverage so bad?

I mean growing up, I always thought it was shite and that BBC was better, even before I could reason why. I used to think, I'm a kid maybe I don't get it.

Now though I still don't get it and neither do they, they just don't get it.

From Andy Townsend and his tactics truck (whatever happened to that?) to the attempts to be querky they always, always get it wrong.

I don't know anyone (other than Jon) who likes it, my misses tells me the kids she teaches all think ITV is rubbish.

So what are they playing at?

They must do market research, they must ask peoples opinions? They must when they share coverage like they will on Sunday wonder why only Jon is watching, surely?

There a commerical channel, surely they should be trying to make the most watchable coverage they can no offending our eyes with hour after hour of utter bollocks flowing from the mouth of a collection of retards they rounded up from some football retirement home for the stupid.

Surely?

Â