On which channel will you watch the World Cup final?

The_Rev

One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?

• BBC
    • ITV

Well Paddy out of the three, one has admitted doing it to be different while another was Jon! The 3rd voter seems to be keeping his or her head down.

Was me, I cannot stand Lineker to the point that I will suffer the adverts. In fact I missed the Masters this year because that big eared waste of space is doing that too.

I'll probably listen to the radio comms as they are far better, until Alan Green is on then switch the TV sound up.

Cannot be arsed listening to the pundits as they all say the same and add little to my enjoyment and cannot understand why so many do and yet during the season berate those same pundits for talking poorly of Villa.

Hypocrits all, like the fanes who cheer Rooney et al playing for England but call them the week after playing for their clubs.

Rant over.... cheers

Well Paddy out of the three, one has admitted doing it to be different while another was Jon! The 3rd voter seems to be keeping his or her head down.

Was me, I cannot stand Lineker to the point that I will suffer the adverts. In fact I missed the Masters this year because that big eared waste of space is doing that too.

I'll probably listen to the radio comms as they are far better, until Alan Green is on then switch the TV sound up.

Cannot be arsed listening to the pundits as they all say the same and add little to my enjoyment and cannot understand why so many do and yet during the season berate those same pundits for talking poorly of Villa.

Hypocrits all, like the fanes who cheer Rooney et al playing for England but call them the week after playing for their clubs.

Rant over.... cheers

You missed something you wanted to watch just because someone was hosting it? seems a bit sad to me.

Rant over.... cheers

You missed something you wanted to watch just because someone was hosting it? seems a bit sad to me.

When the host ruins the programme I cannot see how it is sad.

To be fair the BBC have got Seedorf who I have managed to see who is excellent and Hansen who is the best pundit on telly for me, Liverpool bias aside.

Rant over.... cheers

When the host ruins the programme I cannot see how it is sad.

To be fair the BBC have got Seedorf who I have managed to see who is excellent and Hansen who is the best pundit on telly for me, Liverpool bias aside.

Sorry, for a moment, I thought the masters was Golf. Obviously I was wrong and it's actually just a program with a host who sits there and annoys you.

What's the difference between that and say not watching a Villa match on sky because you don't like Andy Gray and Richard Keys?

The Masters is actually a better example than the football as the host spends a lot more time on screen than he will this Sunday, with all the TV ad breaks to pander to the US he was on every 10 mins or so and I got so pissed off with him and his whole attitude I only watched the final round and even then watched online with US comms.

I might watch the BBC feed, however, as the pictures are I believe at the mercy of the SA broadcaster both feed will be the same it won't matter.

Prematch, HT and FT with the crisp eating moron I think I'll miss. Though I could yet be at a friends and will watch what they do.

I'm going to watch it on BBC but only because it is slightly less dire than ITV.

It baffles me that ITV still employ clive tyldesley. I don't know anyone who likes him - even the 'wear your replica sky4 shirt to dress down Friday' plastic fans at work.

Lawrenson is only slightly more bearable.

Stick someone like the late Brian Moore on ITV and I would switch over. Even Jim Proudfoot on Talksh!te would be preferable.

you got literally 30 seconds at the end of the program where they literally just showed the goals.

So definitely not figuratively or metaphorically?

No, literally. Hence the use of the word.

I meant to ask this ages ago as part of an ongoing ant against the bbc, why are they the only people in cape town? Going to be great with that big empty stadium behind them

I'll be in the pub so it'll be on whatever they put it on

football on ITV always looks total gash.

The pitch is blocky and the players dead blurred. It's disgusting.

I've noticed it for a couple of years. Not just in my house. It's worse if you watch on a massive LCD telly in a titchy room.

The Villa Palace cup tie last season was an optical nightmare for me I had square eyes for a few days after.

In my opinion it's worse than the first internet streams that appeared a few years ago NTV turkey etc.

I've done a bit of research but not found anything concrete. just people asking the same question as me. People blaming the bit rate that it's broadcast in, the freeveiw box saying if you plug it directly to the ariel on teh roof it will appear better. I can't be arsed to mess about with that I'll just watch on bbc.

why are they the only people in cape town?

If you have been to Joburg and Cape Town then you would know the answer to that.

CT is a cracking party town with excellent tourist facilities, Joburg isnt

football on ITV always looks total gash.

The pitch is blocky and the players dead blurred. It's disgusting.

I've noticed it for a couple of years. Not just in my house. It's worse if you watch on a massive LCD telly in a titchy room.

The Villa Palace cup tie last season was an optical nightmare for me I had square eyes for a few days after.

In my opinion it's worse than the first internet streams that appeared a few years ago NTV turkey etc.

I've done a bit of research but not found anything concrete. just people asking the same question as me. People blaming the bit rate that it's broadcast in, the freeveiw box saying if you plug it directly to the ariel on teh roof it will appear better. I can't be arsed to mess about with that I'll just watch on bbc.

Definitely poorer quality. I've always thought it was something to do with the cameras they shot it on, hence why the FA cup games were particularly bad but I'm probably wrong. I only ever watch ITV HD now, if I have to watch it at all.

ITV & Football =

Tactics Truck

Kevin Keegan

European Cup games with Ally mcCoist and Townsend leaning on a table, yes a table theyve brought pitchside

Wanky commentators eg; reading at l'plop in FA cup last year "church (a reading player), here at one of the cathedrals of football" - i wanted to kick my tv in.

adverts

trying too hard, generally arse licking the "big 4"

all in all its a no brainer.

Intrigued to know what the viewing stats are for this though. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them mirror the VT poll - especially if Townsend's comments are anything to go by.

Intrigued to know what the viewing stats are for this though. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them mirror the VT poll - especially if Townsend's comments are anything to go by.

this is you being ironic right?!

Â