On which channel will you watch the World Cup final?

The_Rev

One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?

• BBC
    • ITV

I guess FIFA want all of the games available to everyone to watch. Otherwise Sky would have blown all other bids out of the water. I kind of agree with that view, as it is unfair to not have World Cup games available to everyone in the world with a TV.

FIFA gladly takes the cash from ESPN in the US (though ESPN is available in more US households, percentagewise, than Five is in the UK). And I'm pretty sure that you have to buy a special subscription to [legally] watch the World Cup in Singapore.

I believe though, that it's a matter of UK law that the World Cup (and a few other "listed" events) have to be shown on channels that more than a certain percentage of the population receive.

The quality of the picture on ITV I find to be poor. I'd be tempted to blame my TV, but it's a **** good TV and I don't have a problem anywhere else.

It's fine on the HD channel (uncheduled ad breaks aside). but on the terrestrial channel on my TV the ITV picture is barely better than an internet stream.

Just one of the many reasons why BBC is better. I think the problem is the BBC are just better at doing bog standard Football coverage. If ITV try to atch BBC, they aren't as good because they have worse pundits and commentators (despite the lack of the gigantic arsehole that is Lawro).

but if ITV try to be different (tactics truck being a great example) it's even shitter, so they fail there too.

I haven't liked ITV since they had the Prem highlights. "The Premiership" was an absolute joke. Unless you were in the Sky 4, you got literally 30 seconds at the end of the program where they literally just showed the goals.

Basically, ITV are like Blues. Always trying to be like us, but always failing.

you got literally 30 seconds at the end of the program where they literally just showed the goals.

So definitely not figuratively or metaphorically?

I noticed the Guardian ran a similar poll yesterday and hte results today showed 92% were planning on watching on BBC. Viewing figures could be embarassing for ITV.

Â