On which channel will you watch the World Cup final?

The_Rev

One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. One for the UK members only here. Which channel will you watch the final on?

• BBC
    • ITV

Serious question though..... why is ITV's coverage so bad?

I mean growing up, I always thought it was shite and that BBC was better, even before I could reason why. I used to think, I'm a kid maybe I don't get it.

Now though I still don't get it and neither do they, they just don't get it.

From Andy Townsend and his tactics truck (whatever happened to that?) to the attempts to be querky they always, always get it wrong.

I don't know anyone (other than Jon) who likes it, my misses tells me the kids she teaches all think ITV is rubbish.

So what are they playing at?

They must do market research, they must ask peoples opinions? They must when they share coverage like they will on Sunday wonder why only Jon is watching, surely?

There a commerical channel, surely they should be trying to make the most watchable coverage they can no offending our eyes with hour after hour of utter bollocks flowing from the mouth of a collection of retards they rounded up from some football retirement home for the stupid.

Surely?

was a really strange turnaround as in 1970s(before i was born but have heard) ITV was cutting edge in punditry with big personalities like Clough who could say what they want

Serious question though..... why is ITV's coverage so bad?

I mean growing up, I always thought it was shite and that BBC was better, even before I could reason why. I used to think, I'm a kid maybe I don't get it.

Now though I still don't get it and neither do they, they just don't get it.

From Andy Townsend and his tactics truck (whatever happened to that?) to the attempts to be querky they always, always get it wrong.

I don't know anyone (other than Jon) who likes it, my misses tells me the kids she teaches all think ITV is rubbish.

So what are they playing at?

They must do market research, they must ask peoples opinions? They must when they share coverage like they will on Sunday wonder why only Jon is watching, surely?

There a commerical channel, surely they should be trying to make the most watchable coverage they can no offending our eyes with hour after hour of utter bollocks flowing from the mouth of a collection of retards they rounded up from some football retirement home for the stupid.

Surely?

I was told that ITV pundits have been told to tone down how in depth the analysis is so everyone can understand it. Which to one degree is okay for the person who knows nothing about football. But i don't feel i should have to watch Southgate and Townsend stating the obvious.

I'll always remember the Champions League games where Sherringham was on it, and he pretty much would say "all team A need to do is score to win"... like... duh!!!???

I suspect you are right there I think there coverage is dumbed down on purpose at times. I also think that ITV is aimed largelly at women, most of its content seems to be, perhaps its with that in mind and the non football followers watching.

Sky are the same to ITV as they dumb down their analysis and try brainwash the fans. I dont think ive never seen a top player criticized on English tv when they have a bad game.

It is a bit of a joke and a disrespect to genuine intelligent football fans

I always saw ITV as the middle england channel.

Aside from the soaps and Loose Women, all their programming tends to be aimed towards the middle class 'conservative' market, thus their punditry on football programmes is aimed to cater to people who don't have an avid interest in all things football.

Just how I see it anyway, the BBC always appeared to be a 'cater for all' channel, and when they show sports they understand people who are interested in sports want to have pundits discussing it properly rather than patronise them at every opportunity.

Plus no adverts.

This is a truly damning vote for ITV. I feel that ITV is football coverage for people that aren't really into football but feel they should watch the world cup. Hence dumbed down, and revolving around James Corden.

yeah, I thought it'd be a 70-30 split, but just shows how smart Villa fans are!( sort it out Jon! ;) )

ITV just have brain dead pundits and their commentators are woeful.

I can survive Lawro on the BBC, it's only Mark Bright who annoys me terribly. He is one truly irritating git.

They are both awful.

BBC is the lesser of 2 evils though.

I think the coverage from both channels has been pathetic. The "pundits" barely know anything about some teams, half the time they don't even remember what countries they are watching. The co commentators on the whole have been awful too, I can't stand the likes of Mark Bright, Craig Burley, Mark Lawrenson, Jim Beglin....etc.

The BBC 5 live commentary has been much better I have found, on the red button.

BBC. ITV has that annoying commentator who spouts random shit for 90 minutes. Glad the old tosser had the flu during the Holland match.

Just what I was going to say, him and his squeeky voice when a goal goes really pisses me off

The BBC 5 live commentary has been much better I have found, on the red button.

Not if Alan **** Green was doing it it wasn't, the bloke has really begun to make my piss boil, every match is his own little soapbox and usually he's watching a completely different game to the rest of us.

Couldn't believehis opinion on the Uruguay vs Netherlands match, he said it was shit, a bad advert for the game, he said it was terrible a poor spectacle, the only poor spectacles was the pair he was clearly looking through to watch the game

Alan Green is a word removed

Alan Green is a hate filled word removed. He really really is.

I have never known of anybody who complains about their job more than he does. He could be asked by the BBC to commentate on a lesbian sex session between Cheryl Cole and Anna Friel and he would find some way to make it sound shit.

Â