The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Hardly baffling. Hes only 17? He was involved in pre season and if he continues the good form with notts county I'd expect him to be given chances with the first team when he comes back

edit: re andy

Edited by Rodders

Got in the Irish team of the week in the Sunday, basically best 11 Irish players of the weekend. He was the only one outside the Championship or Premier League.

I think Yillan's comment is fair enough we've seen players of our struggle in The Championship on loan and come back here and do a job, while there's no doubting the boys potential comparisons with Rooney & Bale are at this point premature.

Which is why I never quoted that. But to say 'he has had a good game in league one ' when if you had been at the games recently you would know NCFC fans have been raving about him is quite unfair.

He's 18 and I think he looks ready now, he's tearing up league one, Delfouneso should've been loaned to a league one side when he was grealish's age but mon left him on the bench and he stagnated as a result. I hope the same doesn't happen with grealish, I trust pl though, I think he will handle him better than mon did with Delfouneso

Hardly baffling. Hes only 17? He was involved in pre season and if he continues the good form with notts county I'd expect him to be given chances with the first team when he comes back

He's 18 and already better than Graham Burke will ever be and he's had an opportunity. As we saw on Saturday, Lambert is happy to risk the likes of Tonev who was awful, so why didn't he give Jack that same chance? Hopefully when he returns it will come.

Mate-There is no easy way to tell you this so I'm just going to come straight out with it.

We are not going to be fighting for top 6 any time soon.

Any time any of our players looks any good, he will leave for higher wages & a bigger challenge. At this moment in time, only Benteke falls into that category & if he continues the way he's started the season, he could even leave as soon as January.

Of the rest of the team/squad, none of them would get into a top 6 side (with the possible exception of Guzan).

There is no quick fix & we are a million miles away from top 6. The manager is having to work to a very limited budget & the wages we offer players is not as high as many sides who we are competing with for signings. We have an exciting young team & we play entertaining football but we will not be finishing in the top 6 while the current remit is in place. 

I have to disagree with you.  The club is rebuilding and I expect us to develop and grow year on year.  We have been operating on a certain budget these past two years but my view is that this budget will adapt as we re-emerge. You're right, there's no quick fix - as the past couple of seasons have demonstrated.  We're getting there, though.  

• Like 1

He's 18 and already better than Graham Burke will ever be and he's had an opportunity. As we saw on Saturday, Lambert is happy to risk the likes of Tonev who was awful, so why didn't he give Jack that same chance? Hopefully when he returns it will come.

It could be that Lambert doesn't want to risk Grealish having a bad game and getting the same reaction Tonev is getting from some fans. Personally I agree with you though, he looks ready to play in the first team and hopefully after his loan he'll get some games.

I don't think Grealish will play until next year. PL has said a couple of things about how he doesn't like youngsteres that think they've "made" it. Probably why Carruthers and Grealish were sent out on loan instead of sitting on the bench or given an automatic place to start.

If that's the case then he'll be going into the season on the last year of his contract? Would be pretty galling to have him play in the first team, do well, not sign up further, get poached and all we get is a tribunal fee.

Hope Lambert knows what he's doing. However, I can see the other side of the argument having seen us struggle to move on some "blue flamers" signed up on costly, long term deals.

I don't think Grealish will play until next year. PL has said a couple of things about how he doesn't like youngsteres that think they've "made" it. Probably why Carruthers and Grealish were sent out on loan instead of sitting on the bench or given an automatic place to start.

If that's the case then he'll be going into the season on the last year of his contract? Would be pretty galling to have him play in the first team, do well, not sign up further, get poached and all we get is a tribunal fee.

Hope Lambert knows what he's doing. However, I can see the other side of the argument having seen us struggle to move on some "blue flamers" signed up on costly, long term deals.

Good post.

Despite Lambert having the reputation of opting for youth, in reality it is generally players around 21-23 who have had quite a bit of game-time already. In terms of pushing players through the academies, he isn't known to do it. Just ask Norwich fans. How he handles Grealish over the next 18 months will be interesting but if his treatment of Carruthers last season is anything to go by, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

id be happy with him staying at Notts County until after Christmas if honest. these games will benefit him more than reserve games or 10 minute cameos then could come back in mid-season with a bit of sharpness as well

this season were 'ok' for midfielders, weve got enough to get by if we dont pick up any injuries, although i really hope to see more of grealish, carruthers and gardner next season, or many even one of them breaking through come january, although i doubt we will see all three break though, as theres also daniel johnson sitting somewhere in the wings?

Kevan i dont actually know your relation to Jack but i was going to ask if you'd met the teacher who teaches all the kids at Villa, she used to come through the service station i worked at, we got talking and she told me within minutes that she didnt like to pick one player out in particular but she thought that one of the kids in particular was being talked about a lot and looked above the standard of other youngsters that have come and gone, a kid called Jack :) knew who she was talking about aha

• Like 1

Â