The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I remember Jack Grealish when he was around 7 or 8,playing an age above himself in the Central Warwickshire. he used to dribble through teams for fun-Looks like he's been able to maintain his ability & we've now got a real prospect on our hands. 

It would take ridiculous money for him to leave us at this stage. Hope we get a decent contract signed when he's 18, if not before. Would be tragic to have nurtured this lad for 10 years, only to loose him to someone like Man U or Arsenal if he does continue to progress.

I've no problems with any player leaving if he's outgrown us (benteke for example) but I'd hate to loose a player because of his "potential" which is what it would be if Man U or Arsenal came in any time soon.

Maybe by the time Jack is making it at first team level for Villa we will be back up there as contenders?  I can certainly see Villa back fighting for top six/top four within the next couple of years.  The timing for Jack is perfect.

Mate-There is no easy way to tell you this so I'm just going to come straight out with it.

We are not going to be fighting for top 6 any time soon.

Any time any of our players looks any good, he will leave for higher wages & a bigger challenge. At this moment in time, only Benteke falls into that category & if he continues the way he's started the season, he could even leave as soon as January.

Of the rest of the team/squad, none of them would get into a top 6 side (with the possible exception of Guzan).

There is no quick fix & we are a million miles away from top 6. The manager is having to work to a very limited budget & the wages we offer players is not as high as many sides who we are competing with for signings. We have an exciting young team & we play entertaining football but we will not be finishing in the top 6 while the current remit is in place. 

Wasn't there a story that Jack was out for dinner with Rio Ferdinand not long back or have i dreamt that?

I'd imagine top clubs know about him and like all good players if he produces the goods the top teams will be in for him.

Edited by Big_John_10

Mate-There is no easy way to tell you this so I'm just going to come straight out with it.

Any time any of our players looks any good, he will leave for higher wages & a bigger challenge. At this moment in time, only Benteke falls into that category & if he continues the way he's started the season, he could even leave as soon as January.

Of the rest of the team/squad, none of them would get into a top 6 side (with the possible exception of Guzan).

There is no quick fix & we are a million miles away from top 6. The manager is having to work to a very limited budget & the wages we offer players is not as high as many sides who we are competing with for signings. We have an exciting young team & we play entertaining football but we will not be finishing in the top 6 while the current remit is in place.

Well if we're a million miles from top 6 then we must have been 10 million away 2 years ago, so at that rate it shouldn't be long!

Albion finished 8th, we can do better than that...we've spent loads more money than them for a start :-)

I think you're selling us short mate

Wasn't there a story that Jack was out for dinner with Rio Ferdinand not long back or have i dreamt that?

I'd imagine top clubs know about him and like all good players if he produces the goods the top teams will be in for him.

Haha you say it like it may have been one of many 'jack grealish dreams' you have... aha no we did go for a meal with rio but that was to do with something else mate. Still football related but not moving clubs ^_^

Well if we're a million miles from top 6 then we must have been 10 million away 2 years ago, so at that rate it shouldn't be long!

Albion finished 8th, we can do better than that...we've spent loads more money than them for a start :-)

I think you're selling us short mate

Was a controversial post admittedly.

The problem I see is that if any of these current players improve, they will be poached. The policy is to buy cheap & pay low wages which leaves the players open to temptation when clubs come sniffing.

You look at our team to that of Spurs, Liverpool & Everton who are probably the current 5th, 6th & 7th. We're some way off that & I don't know how we'll bridge the gap - Even more so if we loose Benteke.

I don't aim at top 6 currently. I've got a bet with a mate that we'll finish above 12th & this will do for me. The way we play (especially away from home) is great to watch & I'm happy with that at present. Lets see what next summer brings & maybe I'll reconsider but currently 8th spot is about best I'd aim for & even this would require consistency.

Haha you say it like it may have been one of many 'jack grealish dreams' you have... aha no we did go for a meal with rio but that was to do with something else mate. Still football related but not moving clubs ^_^

I can't be the only one who dreams of Jack Grealish often can I?

It may have been for something else but surely it shows Jack is on the radar.

At the end of the day if he does move to a big club then it means he's done well for us and we'll be well rewarded for it.

I can't be the only one who dreams of Jack Grealish often can I?

It may have been for something else but surely it shows Jack is on the radar.

At the end of the day if he does move to a big club then it means he's done well for us and we'll be well rewarded for it.

very fair post BJ10.

Got in the Irish team of the week in the Sunday, basically best 11 Irish players of the weekend. He was the only one outside the Championship or Premier League.

I think Yillan's comment is fair enough we've seen players of our struggle in The Championship on loan and come back here and do a job, while there's no doubting the boys potential comparisons with Rooney & Bale are at this point premature. 

We've got a lad here who has played well (in fact, better than that) at every level he has had a crack at so far. It might only be League 1, so we shouldn't get carried away but he can only do the job on the stage he is given. Baffling that Lambert has not afforded him a proper opportunity yet.

I don't think Grealish will play until next year. PL has said a couple of things about how he doesn't like youngsteres that think they've "made" it. Probably why Carruthers and Grealish were sent out on loan instead of sitting on the bench or given an automatic place to start.

Â