The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

• 2 weeks later...

Opinions on extending jacks loan till the end of the season ? Notts manager has said he will be looking to extend it if villa give them the go ahead. Only ask because there has been a lot of talk about putting jack in the first team when he comes back from his loan via fans on twitter. Of course I wouldnt like to rush him but if he doesn't play this season he will be 19 next season and considering he was on the bench at 16, three years seems quite a long time waiting around the first team. Heres your 'fun fact for today' ... every game jack has played in (including his first sub appearance against MK Dons) they have scored in. Last week he never played and they lost 2-0. Jack hasn't scored yet but by that stat I think its fair to say that with him on the pitch the chances are being created.

Edit: just worked it out, since jack has been at notts county:

They have played 2 and a half games without jack and haven't scored.

And have played four and a half games with jack and have scored 9.

Edited by kevangrealish

I'd personally like to see him eased in towards the end of this season and then given more game time next season (similar to Weimann under he who will not be named). 

As we have no player who is similar to him at the moment, so I think he should be given a chance as it will give us a different option, not just a different player (if that makes sense)...  :)

Not too sure too be honest, it depends how much he is going to play should he come back. If he comes back and makes one/two starts along with 8-10 decent sub appearances (not last 30secs of a game) then yes it is worthwhile coming back. But if he is only going to get 1/2 short sub appearances then its not worth it. Before extending stay (if villa allowed it) would Jack get the chance to talk to PL?

I'd be interested to see how Lambert would use him if he pushed into the first team squad, presumably he would have to play CAM or wide in the front three, because we know all too well that Lambert is no fan of using wingers. Good to see he's being doing well at Notts and in regards to him coming back here for the second half of the season or staying on loan, he would probably be best suited being wherever he will get quality playing time because at his age, he needs to be playing as much as possible to continue developing into a top player. 

we still need an AM in a 433 formation regardless of our top 3.

I would bring him back straight on our bench. I don't care about his age.. he would offer something different to the players we have. A spark. Unpredictability. Worth a shot and if he struggles then send him out on loan again for another season. I don't think he will struggle though. Im sick of seeing Tonev come on to change the game.

I would bring him on for Wiemann when hes struggling (quite often this season) and move Gabby to the right.

Edited by KSV

Can see where your all coming from. And if someone was to say let him go out on loan for the whole season I'd see that as a fair comment aswell.

And as to mikey yes im guessing so... im guessing lambert will talk with him in 2 months time. That is unless PL decides that its best for jack to stay at notts and shouldnt be given a chance for villa this season.

Ill also add jacks loving it at notts county and wants to continue to play there... that is of course if villa dont want him in or around the first team. Because as mentioned he is gaining a lot of experience from first team action.

I'd like to see what he could do but I'm not sure he's going to get much time on the pitch. Gabby and weimman are main players and tonev and helenius will be looking for more minutes on the pitch. We've also got Gardner who will be looking for the same opportunities.

I'd personally like to see Jack have a part in the team this season but I think it's more important he plays first team football this year than just sit and wait for the odd minute.

On a personal note Kev I was just wondering at what age were your family made aware that Jack had a real chance of making it? Just curious as you rarely have chance to hear about what happens to youth players. Also did the coaches make it clear they rated him so highly?

I was going to say that league one usually ends a couple weeks before the prem, so maybe he could get first team action with Villa then, but the prem ends relatively early this year, on May 11th. Since Notts play their last game on May 3rd, (look unlikely to make playoffs) I guess that won't work.

On a personal note Kev I was just wondering at what age were your family made aware that Jack had a real chance of making it? Just curious as you rarely have chance to hear about what happens to youth players. Also did the coaches make it clear they rated him so highly?

Nah its fine, I enjoy answering them as long as other people dont get pissed off with it aha.

Ever since he could walk he had a ball at his feet waiting for my dad to come home to have a kickabout aha. Meanwhile the older brother was too busy reading pokemon magazines... >___>. But basically jack has always been top dog. He played above his age when he first started in the warwickshire leagues and played in top division. It didnt last long as he got snapped up by villa very quickly. There were more teams interested but of course villa was his team. Since he got snapped up by villa he has always consistently played 2 years above his age (international level aswell). So basically there has never been no pinacle point where we thought wow jack could make it. He has had his mindset on football all his life and he's never discussed any other career.

Fortunately theo walcotts dad was right, after saying that I dont play for the millionth time in my life, he said 'Oh i see so he got the skills, and you got the looks'. Too right...  B)

Edited by kevangrealish

It all depends on Lamberts view on it. If he gets some game time here then I am for it, but not 2-3 short app. Seems like he is doing great over there, so long mayy it continue. Unless Lambert wants him later this season, I say he should stay there until may. Great to hear from you Kevan, beats the monotonous whining you see on here sometimes :=)

• Like 1

Keep him at notts county until march/april for me, if were going to spend this season bouncing around the bottom half let him develop his strength and game in a more physical league and bring him home with half a dozen games left and give him some minutes at villa when there's no pressure (assuming were safe of course)

imo delfouneso, albrighton and some of our other prospects have been held back and development stalled because they were playing in the first team & expected to pull up trees without being broke in gradually. Barkley at Everton prime example.

His loan ends in Jan, bring him back for 2-3 weeks training with the first team have a couple of appearances pos fa cup? Then sendhim back to notts or keep him if hes good enough to start games for us. Sorted

His loan ends in Jan, bring him back for 2-3 weeks training with the first team have a couple of appearances pos fa cup? Then sendhim back to notts or keep him if hes good enough to start games for us. Sorted

Sounds like a great plan tbf. But I dont see it happening, usually if a player gets recalled they will stay in the first team/development squad for the rest of the season. Not very often a player will come back for a few weeks to have a 'trial period' in the first team then sent back out on loan.

Â