The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I don’t disagree with that. I think Pep will be disappointed and want better. I imagine Jack feels the same. 

What I’m disagreeing with is people thinking he’s some sort of massive flop because he hasn’t got a load of goals and assists. 

He’ll want to improve his out put. And I’d wager he will

Are you seriously telling us he hasnt been a flop so far?

People have crucifying bailey on here and we paid a third for him for the grealish cost. He has zero premier league experience prior to coming here and been injured. Id say for 100m he has been a absolute disaster for them thus far. Thata not saying he will be for next few years. But so far he has been a major flop.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been a flop though even if you dont count the goals and assists. He has been one of the weakest players in the City team and has been benched for the big games

Surely a flop is someone that doesn’t come good? I agree if he doesn’t improve then he is an absolutely enormous flop

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you seriously telling us he hasnt been a flop so far?

People have crucifying bailey on here and we paid a third for him for the grealish cost. He has zero premier league experience prior to coming here and been injured. Id say for 100m he has been a absolute disaster for them thus far. Thata not saying he will be for next few years. But so far he has been a major flop.

No I’m not saying that. 

I don’t know why Bailey is being brought into the conversation. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Surely a flop is someone that doesn’t come good? I agree if he doesn’t improve then he is an absolutely enormous flop

Honest I'm not sure I would

Based on how I've seen them play I wouldn't say he's a flop I'd say he's a bizarre signing that they didn't need and don't know how to use

I'd be more critical of city than I would be of him, signs were there too, first press conference pep had after signing him he said he can play up front, no he can't! There's funny stuff like the semi final where VVD bullied him out the way on a corner, when you stop laughing at it the reality kicks in, why would city have grealish mark VVD? They use him in strange ways 

OK ... I think people are confounding two things here:

Jack Grealish the player has been a flop?  Debatable.

The structure Jack Grealish is in, is a flop? Definitely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

100m the biggest english player record? We got 100m for him and the guys scored not even 5 league goals this year. I would say that is "the greatest piece of business"

I think if they had the same situation presented to them again, they'd pay it again. He'll come good.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I’m not saying that. 

I don’t know why Bailey is being brought into the conversation. 

Bailey is being bought in as he has been labelled a flop on here and he cost a fraction if the price and he has done as much as grealish has

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey is being bought in as he has been labelled a flop on here and he cost a fraction if the price and he has done as much as grealish has

So on the one hand you’re saying Bailey isn’t a flop but Grealish is? You can’t have it both ways. 

Look if Grealish doesn’t improve then yes 100% he’s been a flop. I just think flops don’t end up coming good. Was Petrov a flop here because he was shit for a year?

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think if they had the same situation presented to them again, they'd pay it again. He'll come good.

Yep. I doubt many at Man City are regretting the signing…

… yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So on the one hand you’re saying Bailey isn’t a flop but Grealish is? You can’t have it both ways. 

Look if Grealish doesn’t improve then yes 100% he’s been a flop. I just think flops don’t end up coming good. Was Petrov a flop here because he was shit for a year?

What im saying with bailey is he has been labelled a flop and he had less experience than grealish and cost significantly less. They both have been disappointments but differnece is baileys been injured, new to PL and cost less

The difference with petrov was in his 1st game against west ham he looked unbelievable then struggled for consistency for that year. Grealish has been consistencly shit this year. But im not saying he cant improve we know his ability but i just cant see how he does with the way pep plays.

From a financial point of view, and trophies the move made sense. But from a progressive point of view he has gine backwards. Doesn't even deserve to be in england squad right now.

I reckon summer 2023 he will be out of there at rocking up somwhere like Newcastle 

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah he was flashing his knickers for years. Supporting Villa was part of his brand identity, that’s all. It worked as a story for him. 

He is a Villa fan- to an extent. However his career seems more important to him than trying to become a club legend, obviously. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 03/05/2022 at 11:41, bobzy said:

Yeah, of course.

I just like football being as 'local' as possible, I suppose.  It was nice having Smith in charge and Grealish playing for us.

Gerrard and Coutinho just doesn't feel the same, even if they're potentially technically better.

36 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Tempt them with a £60m opening offer in the summer. 

There's absolutely no way they'll be selling him, let alone to us.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Gerrard and Coutinho just doesn't feel the same, even if they're potentially technically better.

Coutinho definitely never gonna be better than Grealish was for us. Gerrard better than Smith? Could happen but I'm struggling to see how right now.

Â