The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We are in the bottom 3 and will likely be in a relegation battle all season. Not sure what you're expecting, for them to dominate the league like they did in the Championship?

Jack is still second in the league for chances created and John made the Sky team of the month and is up there for many defensive stats, so they're clearly holding their own out there.

I think I was expecting that yes, silly me, should just be grateful that we’re back in the Premier League full stop. Grealish and McGinn are both class players and we wouldn’t be in this league without them. We should just enjoy them while we have them 

• Like 4

On 13/09/2019 at 10:52, Sam-AVFC said:

Based on this quote from that article in The Athletic, I would definitely rule it out!

“Some people say I should be a left winger. No thanks. I hate that position! I’m a No 8. I’ll play No 10 if asked, but I haven’t played there for three years,” he says. “I like my current position and I’m excited for the rest of the season. I speak to the manager every day about football and we want to make Villa an exciting team playing on the front foot. I’m confident we will get there.”

I too agree with him.....He is not a winger, he is an old fashioned inside forward, which a No 8 or No 10 would be be.

However, because he has not had the quality of midfielder or full back behind him, he has had too much to do and it has taken his eye off the ball ( metaphorically speaking) from the qualities required to fulfil those roles.

Jack has proved he can strike a ball with aplomb....he just needs to be in positions to do more of it and if I may be so bold, maybe make his decisions a tad quicker.

To challenge Mount, or Maddison,  Jack has to score more goals.....He is becoming "jack of all trades and master of none"......He helps out the full backs when they should cope on their own or be replaced....its taking a toll on his own game. Its like Barbra Streisand opening and rising to the finale.

Edited by TRO

On 13/09/2019 at 19:18, Keyblade said:

We are in the bottom 3 and will likely be in a relegation battle all season. Not sure what you're expecting, for them to dominate the league like they did in the Championship?

Jack is still second in the league for chances created and John made the Sky team of the month and is up there for many defensive stats, so they're clearly holding their own out there.

Its the others where my concern lies .........so far.

On 14/09/2019 at 19:36, Sam-AVFC said:

Think he's got a calm and considered approach to the game. Great to know that he appreciates leadership, not only his own.

I'm sure it's as easy to work with his character and under his leadership as it would be to receive one of his passes, he delivers opportunities.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2019 at 20:46, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think I was expecting that yes, silly me, should just be grateful that we’re back in the Premier League full stop. Grealish and McGinn are both class players and we wouldn’t be in this league without them. We should just enjoy them while we have them 

This isn’t sarcasm is it? Because if it isn’t it’s a very good post. Especially the highlighted bit.

• Like 1

I've been less impressed by his performances this season cause he has a crucial role and I know his potential, but like a smarter slightly older bastard from Bewdley pointed out to me, he had a weak period last season before growing into it, and it's likely he needs to learn and adapt to his new team mates like everyone else. Which is why we shouldn't get worked up, shouldn't start thinking new tactics or whatever. We need to let the team settle. It's a long ass season. 

If this made no sense I blame X amounts of vodka redbull and ignore me. 

• Like 3

To be fair I've ALWAYS criticised his dithering ... You don't always get "Glide time" in games, and especially not at this level. It's almost like he can map out a series of moves and passages, angles and shots up there with the best of them, in his head, once he gets going, but sometimes takes far too long to just go for it!

That's what separates the top players, and the almost players.

Hopefully this will come.

However I fear if he doesn't step it up, he could risk becoming an"luxury player" which frankly, is not ideal for a dog fight.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've been less impressed by his performances this season cause he has a crucial role and I know his potential, but like a smarter slightly older bastard from Bewdley pointed out to me, he had a weak period last season before growing into it, and it's likely he needs to learn and adapt to his new team mates like everyone else. Which is why we shouldn't get worked up, shouldn't start thinking new tactics or whatever. We need to let the team settle. It's a long ass season. 

This is one of your best ever posts! 

You should post drunk more often ;)

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Articulate, coherent, eloquent conversation from someone who's apparently pissed on the vodka-redbulls!

Great post @KenjiOgiwara

Edited: Unnecessary ramble garbage.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Confused 1

Â