The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I'm pretty sure he will play a significant part for them til the end of the season like last year.  If he played as many minutes as he did with us then his shins would be reduced to rubble by February but the way they've used him, he should be quite fresh.

He'd improve our first 11 and he'd improve our squad.

Would have him back in a heartbeat if it was remotely viable which I suspect it wouldn't be. 

Not even sure he'd want to come back tbh. If he's in a position where we could get him, plenty of other teams would be interested too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's better than Ramsey and Zaniolo, so if we had a chance to sign him for a reasonable package, why wouldn't we? Because he made some Villa fans sad a few years ago?

Yeah, pretty much…

Any other player does it - I can understand - you’re a well paid mercenary  (see Ashley Young)

but he was supposed to be one of us…

Lied to the fans who were asking him if he was staying, kept them thinking he was going to stay so they bought the new kit with his name on, **** off, compared his leaving to Messi leaving Barcelona, went to the media to cry about how he “really wanted to come back for the West Ham game” but didn’t because he didn’t know how he would be received (bearing in mind Albrighton and Smith were both sacked by the club yet continue to come to show their support on their days off), dived against us…

what else does “Mr Aston Villa” “Still just Jack the Aston Villa fan from Solihull” expect?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We wouldn't be where we are now without the £100m his sale gave us. If he wanted to come back and was the right deal for us and Emery wanted him then the majority of fans would forget any perceived slight against us the moment he scored his first goal, just like A Young, who dived for a penalty and then kissed the manure badge on his return. When he come back he was widely liked. 

To fans it's a game to footballers its a profession and a short one,  they have to maximise their opportunities while they have chance. I would welcome him back home. VTID

He's a student of Agbonlahor, he'd absolutely destroy team harmony and be a bad influence for the younger players. I loved him when he was here last time but he shouldn't be anywhere near this club in 2024. We should be finding the next Grealish and surrounding him with good role models and professionals.

50 minutes ago, AOLMessenger said:

He's a student of Agbonlahor, he'd absolutely destroy team harmony and be a bad influence for the younger players. I loved him when he was here last time but he shouldn't be anywhere near this club in 2024. We should be finding the next Grealish and surrounding him with good role models and professionals.

Wasn't much team harmony last night. I'd have him back like a shot. 

1 hour ago, AOLMessenger said:

He's a student of Agbonlahor, he'd absolutely destroy team harmony and be a bad influence for the younger players.

I mean this is just a straight up lie

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tinker said:

We wouldn't be where we are now without the £100m his sale gave us. If he wanted to come back and was the right deal for us and Emery wanted him then the majority of fans would forget any perceived slight against us the moment he scored his first goal, just like A Young, who dived for a penalty and then kissed the manure badge on his return. When he come back he was widely liked. 

To fans it's a game to footballers its a profession and a short one,  they have to maximise their opportunities while they have chance. I would welcome him back home. VTID

Yep we'd have massively breach FFP without raising a shit load of sales elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AOLMessenger said:

He's a student of Agbonlahor, he'd absolutely destroy team harmony and be a bad influence for the younger players.

This is utter garbage. He's not a bad team man and he never has been. He was our captain.

On 07/02/2024 at 17:36, Keyblade said:

He's better than Ramsey and Zaniolo, so if we had a chance to sign him for a reasonable package, why wouldn't we? Because he made some Villa fans sad a few years ago?

because of the mental side of football

not doubting for a minute that his ability to kick a football would still be there but where his head would be would be anyone's guess

how many 100% performances do you think we would see from him? and not just games but training day in day out, how professional would he actually be on his return? to me its a huge risk

you don't go back, it wont be the same

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

because of the mental side of football

not doubting for a minute that his ability to kick a football would still be there but where his head would be would be anyone's guess

how many 100% performances do you think we would see from him? and not just games but training day in day out, how professional would he actually be on his return? to me its a huge risk

you don't go back, it wont be the same

What difference would it make if he went to Newcastle vs Villa? He wouldn't stay at City forever, if anything coming back to Villa you would think would give him more vigor to perform than any other club.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What difference would it make if he went to Newcastle vs Villa? He wouldn't stay at City forever, if anything coming back to Villa you would think would give him more vigor to perform than any other club.

Nah I disagree I actually think it's the opposite as that's not how humans work 

To me youre more likely to sink in to old habits if you go back but more likely to acknowledge your failures and seek improvement if you go somewhere completely fresh 

Said before id liken it to cheating on your missus being a lad about town, eventually leaving her for a blonde bombshell, bombshell doesn't work out, if you go back to your ex you won't acknowledge yourself as being a word removed and the perceived weakness would not be on you and you'd soon just sink back in to being a lad about town, whereas if you got yourself a new missus even if she wasn't as good as the ex you're more likely to acknowledge the **** up and make a proper go at it to sort yourself out 

That to me can be applied to Jack and where he ends up next, the danger is that coming back to villa will not mature him in the way that he seemingly still needs, he would stroll in to VP with a disregard for needing to earn his place or the respect of others and I dont think that's a good thing for someone like Grealish 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah I disagree I actually think it's the opposite as that's not how humans work 

To me youre more likely to sink in to old habits if you go back but more likely to acknowledge your failures and seek improvement if you go somewhere completely fresh 

Said before id liken it to cheating on your missus being a lad about town, eventually leaving her for a blonde bombshell, bombshell doesn't work out, if you go back to your ex you won't acknowledge yourself as being a word removed and the perceived weakness would not be on you and you'd soon just sink back in to being a lad about town, whereas if you got yourself a new missus even if she wasn't as good as the ex you're more likely to acknowledge the **** up and make a proper go at it to sort yourself out 

That to me can be applied to Jack and where he ends up next, the danger is that coming back to villa will not mature him in the way that he seemingly still needs, he would stroll in to VP with a disregard for needing to earn his place or the respect of others and I dont think that's a good thing for someone like Grealish 

But he was extremely successful here? In fact, I'd say he played his best football here. He's not exactly Agbonlahor. He was at his most hardworking and professional in his last few seasons here. If he's going to slip into any habits, surely they'd only be good ones?

I think your last paragraph would be true had he joined last season but this season and beyond, we're at a level where he's not exactly going to stroll back into the team. If Ramsey gets back up to speed, he is pretty damn good on that left hand side and will run him close. We don't need him like we once did. He'll be a very useful tool, but one of many in our toolbox. If he comes out of it and makes himself undroppable like Bailey has then great, but he's not guaranteed a spot in this Villa team, and certainly wouldn't be given preferential treatment by Unai you would think.

You can't compare him with Young. Young clearly looked after his fitness throughout his career. Grealish did not. Young was still fit enough to play in the PL at 38. Grealish will be lucky to still playing the professional game at 38.

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

You can't compare him with Young. Young clearly looked after his fitness throughout his career. Grealish did not. Young was still fit enough to play in the PL at 38. Grealish will be lucky to still playing the professional game at 38.

I really find this sort of opinion amusing. 
Apart from liking some nights out, is there any evidence that Grealish doesn’t look after his fitness?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really find this sort of opinion amusing. 
Apart from liking some nights out, is there any evidence that Grealish doesn’t look after his fitness?

I never met Grealish but I definitely know he doesnt take care of himself

Â