The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

22 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't think he's that driven by money, wouldn't surprise me if he did take a pretty big pay cut to come back if it was possible.

Probably goes to his boyhood team, Manure

Think he has two years left on his deal in the summer.

He certainly isn't getting a new deal for what he's contributing currently. Man. City aren't the sort of club that just keeps players for commercial reasons either.

Interested where he ends up post Man. City as I do think he still wants to play as he's always had that boyhood enthusiasm of playing football so don't think he'll just be like Kalvin Phillips or others just content to be a bench warmer for years.

Edited by VillaChris

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think he has two years left on his deal in the summer.

He certainly isn't getting a new deal for what he's contributing currently. Man. City aren't the sort of club that just keeps players for commercial reasons either.

Interested where he ends up post Man. City as I do think he still wants to play as he's always had that boyhood enthusiasm of playing football so don't think he'll just be like Kalvin Phillips or others just content to be a bench warmer for years.

Probably get a look in from United or one of the Italian sides if they have any money left over. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, it's not like he's a worse player now than he was before. If anything he will be better. 

Pep's system just doesn't suit him at all. Far too robotic. 

The skills that made him great are gone now because of Pepsi, I dont think Unai would even consider to take him if offered

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't think he's that driven by money, wouldn't surprise me if he did take a pretty big pay cut to come back if it was possible.

the guy that was Mr Aston Villa but led by his egotistical Dad wanted to go to Spurs or United but eventually joined the peasants of City

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, it's not like he's a worse player now than he was before. If anything he will be better. 

Pep's system just doesn't suit him at all. Far too robotic. 

I disagree, he's less effective than at villa imo

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

He will run his contract down then come back to villa on a free.

What? For a nice chunky signing on bonus? To say how he is “Villa till he dies and oooh, that’s a lot of money XYZ are offering, bye”

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

The skills that made him great are gone now because of Pepsi, I dont think Unai would even consider to take him if offered

Of course he would

• Like 1

With a football fans "head" on

It's such a waste seeing such a talented footballer reduced to a robotic bit part player now.

When he played for us he was one of those rare individuals that when he had the ball people stood up out of their seats as he was such a good exciting player for us.

I tend to agree I think he will be off to the Saudis jawdees soon (or even the Saudi league  if it's only money he is interested in now).

I wonder how his career would have turned out had he stayed with us? Is he the type of player that fits in with Emery's team....?

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

What? For a nice chunky signing on bonus? To say how he is “Villa till he dies and oooh, that’s a lot of money XYZ are offering, bye”

Yep, earnt us £100m in fees, sat on the bench for 4 yeaes then comes back for a small fee, earns a big wage from us but helps us win the league. Happy days 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He featured a lot last season and played really well so it’s strange he’s not involved more this season. 

Dwight Yorke at United.

You use them, indulge them but sooner or later you cut them loose. Jack wasn't going to keep getting away with it.

He's still a world class footballer, and you'd all still have him back tomorrow, as would Unai.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dwight Yorke at United.

You use them, indulge them but sooner or later you cut them loose. Jack wasn't going to keep getting away with it.

He's still a world class footballer, and you'd all still have him back tomorrow, as would Unai.

So you reckon it’s his off the field antics that has him out of favour ? 

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Cheeky £40m bid in the summer? 

Less... 

Personally I think it's like an ex who cheated on you never go back, you'll only end up doing it again, mentally I just don't see him being there with us

He's probably at risk of not going to the Euros now, given he isn't even getting off the bench these days. He's basically behind Foden and Doku who are both much younger than him so his days at City are numbered. 

He's on too much money to come back here. If he was available at a knockdown price in the summer (i.e. £30-40m) and was prepared to slash his wages by half would I take him? Possibly. He'd only be 28 (nearing 29) and the idea of Grealish as a 10 with Diaby (or Ramsey) and Bailey either side of him and Watkins up front is a formidable attack. 

But I don't see it happening. I think we'll go for someone younger, around 23 or 24, but maybe a similar type of playing style (i.e. creative left sided player or number 10 who can play through balls to our speedy attackers), Grealish is getting on and doubt he'd take a wage cut of 50%+, although I bet he'd be excited about coming back to us now given we are a far better team than when he left with a world class manager. 

Â