The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I've not seen Gresford play since his last Villa game and the odd England match but he doesn't seem to have improved to me. More disciplined maybe but he almost always seems to check back now instead of driving forward once he gets past his man.   

50 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I've not seen Gresford play since his last Villa game and the odd England match but he doesn't seem to have improved to me. More disciplined maybe but he almost always seems to check back now instead of driving forward once he gets past his man.   

Hard to make that judgment if you haven't watched him besides the odd England match 🤣

He's definitely improved a lot tactically and defensively. Attacking wise, I think he's still much the same player, but more restricted in what he's allowed to do.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The sports science department at that place has gotten him a lot fitter to be fair, he covers massive ground defensively without fatiguing now.

Think it also helps that he's in a squad where they can rotate him whenever he's showing any signs of wear and tear.

At Villa he will have been playing through minor injuries and fatigue a lot more often, which is usually what causes the problems.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

Weird assertion given you’ve not seen him play! 
He has been outstanding this second half of the season, and equally as good as he was for, us possibly better as everything doesn’t have to revolve around him as it did for us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Weird assertion given you’ve not seen him play! 
He has been outstanding this second half of the season, and equally as good as he was for, us possibly better as everything doesn’t have to revolve around him as it did for us.

Apart from against Real Madrid

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Haven't seen a single minute of Grealish in a Man City shirt and I'm absolutely astounded that this thread is so active, it's almost the top thread in other football every day.

So, to those who actually give a shit about a former player playing for a bunch of cheats, can I ask why the obsession?

Yes he was a star man for us and we got a record transfer and I get all that, but why the hell would you care about a fraud of a "villa fan" who walked out on us, with an appalling attitude, convicted of 2 cases of criminal behaviour, who is on a obscene amount of money at the most disgusting football club in the world?

Oh and with the IQ of a doorstop. Horrible little shit and won't ever watch him play for those bastards.

I think its understable for people to tske an interest in a former player that was really good for us. Same with Dwight Yorke who left under far worse circumstances. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think its understable for people to tske an interest in a former player that was really good for us. Same with Dwight Yorke who left under far worse circumstances. 

There's interest, and then there's obsession. And it's hard to see the difference sometimes. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's interest, and then there's obsession. And it's hard to see the difference sometimes. 

I'd say your post suggests more of an obsession over man city and your anger towards them

Its just football...

• Like 4

22 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Haven't seen a single minute of Grealish in a Man City shirt and I'm absolutely astounded that this thread is so active, it's almost the top thread in other football every day.

So, to those who actually give a shit about a former player playing for a bunch of cheats, can I ask why the obsession?

Yes he was a star man for us and we got a record transfer and I get all that, but why the hell would you care about a fraud of a "villa fan" who walked out on us, with an appalling attitude, convicted of 2 cases of criminal behaviour, who is on a obscene amount of money at the most disgusting football club in the world?

Oh and with the IQ of a doorstop. Horrible little shit and won't ever watch him play for those bastards.

He's a product of our academy, and one of the best players in what many are calling the best club side ever. He's vindicating everything we were saying about him while he was here. In a way, he's flying our flag. If this game wasn't so corrupt, he'd be doing all this for us in an ideal world.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don’t understand what people think they are achieving by not watching his team play just because he used to play for us :lol: 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, a-k said:

What's so funny about this?

I think he may be intermating that the sport science means illegal, performance enhancing drugs

you may well be as well

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

On 19/05/2023 at 13:21, GlobalVillan said:

Kind of feel how you feel re: Jack, but i'm definitely watching. lol

I even went as far as begrudgingly thinking the other night " Why play in a team demolishing the Mighty Real Madrid 4 - 0 in a Champions League semi final, when you could be in Birmingham hoping Brighton lose their remaining games? " 

• Haha 2

On 19/05/2023 at 11:21, GlobalVillan said:

Because people who don't like him like to remind everyone else they don't like him. 

He's an absolute "word removed" to use the VT lingo but the villa academy helped to make him who he is and he's a villa fan so its something to be proud of. Also as said vindication when you've been telling football fan friends how incredible he is and they don't think so and now it's generally accepted.

The second half of this season, he's one of the best players in one of the best teams in the history of world football. If you like football and you want to deprive yourself of watching that at the same time because you're bitter about someone you don't knows career decisions in a way that makes it sound like it was targeted to be malicious, rather than just an obvious and sensible thing to do, good for you I guess?

Â