The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My initial thought was that it was a penalty, i thought he was clipped by JJ. What really pissed me off was his instinctive appeal, arms in the air asking for a pen.

He got a fair amount of abuse from the lower tier throughout the game and rightly so. 

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Why would be though, we signed him from Watford.

Because we can just put it down to Ashley Young being a mercenary, it’s his job…

He didn’t try to butter us up with dough eyed claims of much he loves the club and how much our support means to him etc etc etc blah blah blah before he jumped ship to hit the deck for United and then come back again…

38 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Because we can just put it down to Ashley Young being a mercenary, it’s his job…

He didn’t try to butter us up with dough eyed claims of much he loves the club and how much our support means to him etc etc etc blah blah blah before he jumped ship to hit the deck for United and then come back again…

It's also Grealish's job? It just so happened that he supported Villa before he became a professional, and milked that while he was here like every superstar boyhood fan does before they leave if they're good enough. Young would have done the same if he supported Villa. JJ's currently doing it. If there's ever any serious interest in him from the big boys he'll leave too.

Football isn't some Disney movie. Players go where they can win things if given the opportunity. Emi is next in line, despite the fact that we gave him a fairytale story, and that he's said that this is his club, his home etc. That's just how it is.

• Like 3

Sadly, he's just doing his job. City pay him to help them win. He did that. 

I was as angry as anyone yesterday when I watched him dive. It's what he does irrespective of who he is up against he's not handing out favours to us, especially when he's getting a run of games now and part of the soulless, corporate, cheating machine.

30 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What does he say? I was just waiting for the birdshit to land

Looks to me like 'tried to win the f***ing ball, that's all' in a cockney accent

9 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

My initial thought was that it was a penalty, i thought he was clipped by JJ. What really pissed me off was his instinctive appeal, arms in the air asking for a pen.

He got a fair amount of abuse from the lower tier throughout the game and rightly so. 

But what's he meant to do?  Get clipped and not make it known?

He gets a slight clip and goes down - he's going to appeal for a penalty.  Literally every footballer would.

Remember when VAR was going to stop this cheating? LOL. 

“Referees will look for contact and establish clear contact, then ask themselves the question: does that contact have a consequence?” Riley said. “They will then ask themselves a question: has the player used that contact to actually try and win a foul penalty? So it’s not sufficient just to say: ‘Yes, there’s contact.’

Contact doesn’t equal penalty. 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Remember when VAR was going to stop this cheating? LOL. 

“Referees will look for contact and establish clear contact, then ask themselves the question: does that contact have a consequence?” Riley said. “They will then ask themselves a question: has the player used that contact to actually try and win a foul penalty? So it’s not sufficient just to say: ‘Yes, there’s contact.’

Contact doesn’t equal penalty. 

The contact obviously has a consequence.  The clip leads Grealish's leg to go into his other leg.

It doesn't particularly matter how slight or that Grealish has engineered it by running across Ramsey - there's a clip and it's enough to put him off balance.

VAR is never ever going to overturn that.

Edit:  Although from the article, I'd agree it's not a "proper foul" so if that's their guidance then they've **** up :D 

Edited by bobzy

Â