The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I would imagine a CL night against Borussia Dortmund with Haaland and De Bruyne is more enjoyable than playing against Wolves with McGinn and Konsa. 

It's what he has to do in order to stay in this team and win the CL under Pep but there's no way I'll believe he enjoys this more than Villa. He wants the ball, he wants to drive, take risks, create chances and he can't do any of them things at City.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He needs to just start doing his own thing and risk being subbed. The shackles absolutely cripple his best qualities as a player

He tries but very often he loses the ball or has a shot blocked. (3 times this game). At Villa that was fine because eventually he would do something great. At city you can’t keep losing the ball or having shots blocked.

City’s business is generally good but they have sold two very effective  players for one that doesn’t really give them anything. I guess they sold loads of shirts though. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We're sad about Jack, I imagine Leicester fans feel similarly about Mahrez. Must have just gotten his first touch of the ball. Not even allowed to wander and try to get some touches. Just parked on that right touchline.

At least he makes the most of his chances. Top scorer for them last season. 

Yeah Mahrez can put the ball in the back of the net at least.

For all of Jack's strengths, clinical finishing is not one of them. Always lashing at it for a highlight.

Edited by DJBOB

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have no idea. Injuries? Not sure. Just happening naturally? But it's clear he's a shadow of the player from even 3/4 years ago.

Coutinho is/was an elite athlete, and Jack has had plenty of injuries too. But he does a lot of partying as well, so why wouldn't you except he could deteriorate in the same way if not faster?

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Coutinho is/was an elite athlete, and Jack has had plenty of injuries too. But he does a lot of partying as well, so why wouldn't you except he could deteriorate in the same way if not faster?

I would never have classed Coutinho as incredibly athletic, even in his pomp. Jack is just way more athletic. I just can't see Jack struggling to beat his man and cut inside for a shot in 2/3 years as Coutinho currently is. 

• Like 1

Getting a bit tragic now. I’m not saying battling relegation with Wesley is what he’s dreaming of. But I bet he’d be a lot happier at a Champions League side where he was allowed to play with a bit more freedom. He should really consider going overseas.

• Like 2

Just now, kevpants said:

I know he's not our player anymore but I'm depressed after that. It's like going to the zoo and seeing a Lion in a 12ft cage rocking back forth with patches of fur falling out.

He has to get onto his agent about a move. He's not a hug the touchline winger. Even if he was he has no support from Cancelo anyway.

I think he's do much better in the midfield for City but he wont ever get the chance.

Will be dropped for their next few games now. Then back in for 60 mins. Then bench again.

What a **** waste.

Wow, absolutely perfect analogy 

• Like 2

Â