The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The City players just don't play him in at all , if they do pass to him it's in a nothing area. More than once he has been in decent positions and has just been ignored. I think egos are playing a big role in this city team with Grealish. He's got to raise his game to become the star man in that team before he can flourish, what a waste. 

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nothing particularly special about that goal.

Showed good technique.  Hit it first time with the ball running across him, with curl to take it away from the defender on the line (and with his weaker foot).

• Like 1

That would make it five goals for City as compared with ten for his best season at Villa.

It would be interesting to compare the ratio of time on the ball with goals scored.

I wouldn't be surprised if his five at City actually puts him ahead.

His shooting accuracy at City is the best in the list at 74%.

Sorry for having m, doesn't wven look like a £40 million player out there.

He will win a trophy this season, not sure it will as good as our play off final win, not because he is  supposed to be a villa fan but more because he was the talisman, the focal point and captain if that team. Not someone who played half the games 

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Unsurprising he scores when in a more natural position, City play with urgency and actually pass to him

Only watched about 30 mins of the first half but the amount of times he's wide open 10 yards in front of a team mate showing for the ball and they completely ignore him is mad 

At one point zinchenko was taking a throw in and jack made 3 runs, got open 3 times and still he ignored him before throwing it to a Liverpool player 

As a side zinchenko could easily take throw ins for villa, he was terrible at them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Only watched about 30 mins of the first half but the amount of times he's wide open 10 yards in front of a team mate showing for the ball and they completely ignore him is mad 

At one point zinchenko was taking a throw in and jack made 3 runs, got open 3 times and still he ignored him before throwing it to a Liverpool player 

Their egos don't allow it, Jack will not flourish there, he could have stayed and grown more as a player at Villa. At Liverpool with Klopp he would have been one of if not the best player in the world 

17 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Sorry for having m, doesn't wven look like a £40 million player out there.

He will win a trophy this season, not sure it will as good as our play off final win, not because he is  supposed to be a villa fan but more because he was the talisman, the focal point and captain if that team. Not someone who played half the games 

So you rate him about the same as Buendia then - interesting!

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So you rate him about the same as Buendia then - interesting!

On the few times I have seen him play for city, yes. He doesn't look like the player he was 12 months ago.

Is there a chance that he's not actually as good as some of us thought and we're romanticising him? 

Personally I'm at the point where I think he was a brilliant player for us but one who had several faults. I'm also starting to feel the obsession with him is a bit like City with Bellingham. He's gone, he's got nothing to do with us anymore, who cares what he does. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Is there a chance that he's not actually as good as some of us thought and we're romanticising him? 

Agreed. We built him up because he was homegrown and a Villa fan. But actually, his best football was played in the championship. We were still a mediocre team that couldn’t get a sniff of the top ten even with him. We 100% overrated him and I can see that now. 

• Confused 1

Â