The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Surprised City haven't been publically rebuffed at this point and NSWE haven't released a statement saying he's not for sale he's still contracted to the club for 4 more years.

Fed up of the whole situation now tbh, we can't afford this cloud to be hanging over us going into the new season. 

City need to either pay what we ask 100 mill + or Jack signs a new deal on much improved terms and they **** off.

I agree, but its every season now......Now it starts with Emi M

Its just like we have no right to have a player that good.....and yet he came from the academy, Its disrespectful.

Our ambition is just being supressed by naysayers in the press.....its like how dare they think they can keep him, trouble is it creates a wearing down process, until it becomes legitimate.

Before England, they refused to even acknowledge him, with any seriousness.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just watching this video with Johnathan Barnett. He talks about Jack around 1:35. I know things have moved on massively since May, but taking a bit of cold comfort from his agent saying, "he could stay; he could stay as well" (1:50). That, and we have great owners with big ambitions for the club and experience of managing a similar situation at the Bucks. If there is no clause, I don't think he goes this year. We'll know very soon either way.    

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Because if City stump up £150m say, then he might very well be for sale and they would look very stupid.  It may be frustrating but it really is better for the club not to react to every rumour and just go about their business quietly.

Unfortunately we will have to wait a few more days (and many more pages) for a resolution.

I think this is dead right and it means this is a thread worth avoiding until there is some actual news. 

What’s the point of ploughing through loads of posts saying he either will or won’t leave?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I am just bored of it at this point..He either needs to stay or go. This happening every summer will become absolutely ridiculous. It directly affects prices for replacements or the funds available to strengthen should he stay.

Just **** sort it one way or the other. If only it were like football manager 🤣

If it was like ChampMan2, I'd add city as an extra manager, sell them Davis for £200m and take DeBruyne, Rhodri and Diaz for £100,000 all in, let half the squad go on a free and then resign. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Does anyone think John Terry knows something?, because his departure was rather unexpected.......or are they just not linked at all.

Not linked at all imo.

JT completed his coaching qualification as he showed us a week or two ago so now looking for the top job.  No surprise, I thought he may go last summer but makes sense finishing his qualification first.  

Good luck to him but I don’t think it’s anything to do with Jack.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Does anyone think John Terry knows something?, because his departure was rather unexpected.......or are they just not linked at all.

No, doubt they are linked.

He has been sounded out about as a replacement for another manager if the season goes tits up, just a guess on my part, and he holds Deano in such high esteem that he doesn't want to let him down mid season if anything concrete is on a plate for him.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Can't imagine why they would be linked. JT probably just wants to further his career.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

They’re too deluded to notice the last 10yrs of rotting decline and seriously think they’re top 4 material 

there is no discussion with them - they are always right 🤣

You would sell your granny for Villa to have our last 10 years 😆

This shit has happened to us so many times. Granted, not with a player who has the same connection to the club as Jack to Villa.

He could well stay but there's something in this. I don't care if he was born on the Holte End, if City are in for you, you consider it.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No, doubt they are linked.

He has been sounded out about as a replacement for another manager if the season goes tits up, just a guess on my part, and he holds Deano in such high esteem that he doesn't want to let him down mid season if anything concrete is on a plate for him.

i dont see how it can be linked. i think the club has known for a while JT is off hence why shakespere was brought in and appeared to be deanos stand in when he was isolating. i think that's a more likely factor for JT moving on than jack.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is no doubt this is a big test for the club now. We are building to be competing for a champions league place within the next 2-3 years. Some great foundations have been put in place. Now we have to build on them. Sell Grealish and you are taking out a big part of the foundation and it threatens us being able to build and compete for top 4 within the next couple of years.

Stating the obvious here but I think this will all be down to what Grealish wants. The club will not sell him unless he states a desire to leave and then the club will rightly in my opinion say if we get offered X amount you can go. I don't see NSWE, Purslow or Smith wanting to keep any player that no longer wants to be here and doesn't believe in what they are trying to build. As a fan I wouldn't want a player here who didn't want to be here. More so a player who claims to love the club as much as I do.

Don't for one second believe Jack is irreplaceable as he is far from it. You may not replace him with one player but we can adapt. It is the wider implication that the club need to be wary of. That we can't keep hold of our best players. That we can only get so far before our best players are taken from us and we have to start again. If we don't kick on and make big strides again this season then next year it will be Martinez, Watkins, Konsa having their heads turned. 

The biggest disappointment of all this would be if it is Jack that decides he wants out now and potentially threatens the whole project. The project he bought into 10 months ago where by the club have kept their part of the bargain by rewarding him handsomely and making big strides last season as promised. I hope he decides to stay not just for what he gives us as an individual player but because by doing so it would send out a huge message that our momentum won't be derailed and we are full steam ahead in our pursuit to reach the top. 

good resume Mark....totally endorse it.

It depends if Jack believes in the project? We are to believe he does, I understand he has a close relationship with Nassif......Its whether a Bird in the hand (Man City) trumps 2 in the bush ( Villa)

but the guarantee's the Man city situation offers could be overstated by their camp.....what if Pep leaves?

Ps I am also not convinced Man City will offer £100 mill...it could drag on and get shitty.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, beachboys1 said:

grealish probaly dissapointed in window and doesnt think weve backed up our promise on signings

We’ve broken our transfer record again… but don’t let that stop the pessimism 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i dont see how it can be linked. i think the club has known for a while JT is off hence why shakespere was brought in and appeared to be deanos stand in when he was isolating. i think that's a more likely factor for JT moving on than 

Seems fair and JT was actually at the end of his contract Maybe contract extension talks happened and JT wanted first refusal should Deano move on for one reason or another(don't even want to think about that) and the board couldn't guarantee that. JT will get a managers job pretty soon after his break.

I can't think of a single reason that the Jack effect could have a bearing on this.

Â