The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Eastie said:

If there were a clause it would be resolved Only if city paid it , maybe they think they can knock down the price .

with no release clause I don’t see why villa don’t make it clear Jack is not for sale end of story .

Totally agree - but we cannot knock back something that hasn’t happened yet.

if city haven’t made any contact why would the club make any comment about Jack’s future?

Seeing a lot of neutral fans saying how toxic we are as a fanbase, only saw this from local fans but maybe that's influence of social media and its role in football. Pretty sure it's a minority though.

I just hope he doesn't get booed if he does leave (Obviously don't want him to leave). Would be nice if we booed him just for bantz like how Man Utd fans did with Beckham's return but they still showed him love. He'll forever be one of my favourite, if not absolute favourite Villa player of all time, can't begrudge him a move at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think from a Villa point of view we’ve been effectively in decline for 25 years now we’ve flirted with competing under O'Neil but it’s been up and down and most recently down. We’ve watched as clubs like Chelsea & City have sugar daddies come and they’ve supplanted us in the pecking order. We nearly went under 3 years ago after 5 years of absolute shit while the league had boomed to allow others like Spurs and Leicester become sizeable clubs. We’ve missed out on that and the average football fan seems to only take the last couple of seasons into account so they consider us as small. 

we know that we’re a big club, players who come here always remark upon “I didn’t realise how big it was until I got there” so in our heads we’re still one of the traditional big boys. But the average fan doesn’t see it that way and they call us delusional etc and it goads us massively 

Meanwhile we’ve turned around and can genuinely hope again to get back to a position where we’ve historically occupied that of one of the top 6 clubs. Because of the hope it’s what makes this so much worse, we’re scared by that last 10 years as a fan base we can’t have it again I know we’d make it through it if it happened but we just can’t bear the thought of selling our best players again and not having our turn of putting the last 25 years right and reasserting ourselves as a big club. Jack is more than a player he’s very much a symbol of that for many fans IMO 

Spot on Fairy

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

if city haven’t made any contact why would the club make any comment about Jack’s future?

Jack is aware of all this speculation - would have been nice for him to put out a one line comment along the lines of ‘ looking forward to getting back to villa next week and an exciting season ahead “ - not gonna happen though . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

Seeing a lot of neutral fans saying how toxic we are as a fanbase, only saw this from local fans but maybe that's influence of social media and its role in football. Pretty sure it's a minority though.

I just hope he doesn't get booed if he does leave (Obviously don't want him to leave). Would be nice if we booed him just for bantz like how Man Utd fans did with Beckham's return but they still showed him love. He'll forever be one of my favourite, if not absolute favourite Villa player of all time, can't begrudge him a move at all.

No doubt there would be some who would boo him , some who’d maybe acknowledge him and some who would just ignore him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

When a player signs a 5yr contract and says he's totally on board with the owners vision and then just a year later asks to leave, and, if that is the scenario, then, you can see why some would begrudge him a move.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Have to agree - Twitter has brought football fans to such a low level, desperate for information and believing any morsel offering insight.

The contact between fan bases has gone beyond light hearted banter into generating petty rivalries - the only winners are the shitehawk media who lap this up and regurgitate it over and over again.

im becoming disillusioned with the whole thing to be fair 

To be honest it’s not just football fans , Twitter has become a vile place for lowlife cowards to hide behind a keyboard spouting threats and abuse at people 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

The toxicity happens to every club tbh. This was from an 8 year old Villa fan getting stick from City fans because he got Grealish on the back of his shirt.

and there’s no way if Grealish leaves at the worst time in the NSWE project he should be lauded a hero… he’d of screwed us over for a couple of trophies 

It just amazes me all these cough 'fans' on Twitter before this 'speculation' started worshipped the ground Jack walked on and now fast forward a bit and they now despise him.

Immature,classless, and reflects badly on the real Villa fans.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Exactly, on sky just the headline is Man City open talks with Villa for the transfer of Jack, which in all likeliness consists of email arriving at Villa and has been ignored. 

I've tried to have a good laugh about it all and tried to inject a little humour. Seeing the same people on here going over the same ground day after day is plain silly. Posters from off topic constantly looking down their noses at these posters and creating an us and them (they, as on topic people are known as) is just plain silly too. Would be horrible if football forums went the same way as social media and it all became just as toxic.

If Jack stays it's brilliant for the club and I think that scenario is favourite just now but if it did happen and he left then Villa will still be here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think from a Villa point of view we’ve been effectively in decline for 25 years now we’ve flirted with competing under O'Neil but it’s been up and down and most recently down. We’ve watched as clubs like Chelsea & City have sugar daddies come and they’ve supplanted us in the pecking order. We nearly went under 3 years ago after 5 years of absolute shit while the league had boomed to allow others like Spurs and Leicester become sizeable clubs. We’ve missed out on that and the average football fan seems to only take the last couple of seasons into account so they consider us as small. 

we know that we’re a big club, players who come here always remark upon “I didn’t realise how big it was until I got there” so in our heads we’re still one of the traditional big boys. But the average fan doesn’t see it that way and they call us delusional etc and it goads us massively 

Meanwhile we’ve turned around and can genuinely hope again to get back to a position where we’ve historically occupied that of one of the top 6 clubs. Because of the hope it’s what makes this so much worse, we’re scared by that last 10 years as a fan base we can’t have it again I know we’d make it through it if it happened but we just can’t bear the thought of selling our best players again and not having our turn of putting the last 25 years right and reasserting ourselves as a big club. Jack is more than a player he’s very much a symbol of that for many fans IMO 

This 100%

19 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

But I maintain what I say, plenty would be lapping it up if it was positive towards Villa, fans are desperate for transfer news - Its the sky jim white yellow tie brigade that have taken it to a new level of hype

The only Villa man to listen to is Percy

Percy has been very quiet on the Jack stuff. As we all know, he only deals in facts and doesn’t deal with speculation. 

This can only be a good thing. It simply means a decision has not been made yet. 

Nobody knows what’s going on here. It could even be that Villa want to sell him if they can achieve an astronomical price. I don’t think that’s the case at all but like I say, absolutely no decision has been made yet on his future and I imagine we’ll know more on Sunday night. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think it is fair that Jack talks to City. Just to see what they are offering. Villa need to match it. 

So if city offer him £300k villa need to match it? No way would be be paying him that - it would be madness and imagine the disparity In wages amongst the squad - we do not have the income of city - by all means offer him a new deal but let’s be honest we cannot match whatever city can pay him ,and nor do we need to do so , he still has 4 years left on his deal 

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Jack is aware of all this speculation - would have been nice for him to put out a one line comment along the lines of ‘ looking forward to getting back to villa next week and an exciting season ahead “ - not gonna happen though . 

It would - but if, as I hope, this is all his agent creating the possibility of him leaving to get a huge new contract out of villa, he can't come out and say he's staying just yet - that would lose his leverage in any contract negotiations. 

My take is he never was leaving, but wants a new contract close to what fellow England stars have at thier clubs. 

Best way to get that is for his agent to convince the villa owners he is minutes away from joining City ;  villa come back with their very best offer to keep him. Jack signs and buys a new range rover. Every week. 

I don't think he's going, it's a new contract he wants. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Percy has been very quiet on the Jack stuff. As we all know, he only deals in facts and doesn’t deal with speculation. 

This can only be a good thing. It simply means a decision has not been made yet. 

Nobody knows what’s going on here. It could even be that Villa want to sell him if they can achieve an astronomical price. I don’t think that’s the case at all but like I say, absolutely no decision has been made yet on his future and I imagine we’ll know more on Sunday night. 

I don’t think you will need to wait that long 

If I was jack and I saw Villa fans turning on me… it would make me not want to leave.

Not that fans should be turning on him but inevitable they will… but yeah I’d hate that if I was him and it would make me stay. But that’s me. 

Â