The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not kidding myself with this boyhood Bollox anymore.

My city. My club. My home. My arse? 

😉 (He’s staying). 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

And sign who to replace him. Clubs will over inflate prices.

4yrs on his contract next season his value will be higher after another superb season.

Replace him with three Emi Buendias.

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This makes no sense whatsoever but it's sort of positive and even though it's bollocks I could do with any positivity no matter how farfetched

F7F97BE3-9EA0-4820-A4D6-3331FBFDB049.jpeg

If only there was some way for him to get his message out so we all know what he knows.  Oh you cruel world you. 

41 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I agree, Jack goes and I wouldn’t want to see the number 10 shirt used ever again. Would be too much of a reminder of what we had and lost.

9925F3E4-3882-451D-978A-6EFD28DDEDA7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure anyone has mentioned this but even if the owners were contemplating letting Jack go whether or not they would pull the plug based on the division in the fan base and potential backslash. The last thing they will want is a disgruntled fan base straight after lockdown and following such a positive season previously. I'm not sure they will want to take that hit to moral just yet? 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Unless he stops playing, I don't see how anything changes.

Well if he doesn’t want to go then we would presumably hold out until we got an offer that we couldn’t refuse. 

If he wants to go then we hold out for an offer that we consider to be his value. 

if you want to sell your house you’ll take market value for it. If you don’t want to sell your house then it would take a higher offer for you to sell

1 hour ago, The Other Mat said:

I doubt it. He'll have a price and we'll stick to it. World Cup year coming up, he'll want to play regularly, with us or at City and make the squad and anywsy I can't imagine Jack sulking if they don't match the price. 

See above. Nothing to do with him sulking

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Retire the shirt ffs. If we were going to retire the number 10 shirt it would have been when Cowans left and if we were to retire it now he would still be far more worthy. Jack still has some way to go with Villa to reach that kind of legendary status. 

He wouldn’t know who Cowans is 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Not sure anyone has mentioned this but even if the owners were contemplating letting Jack go whether or not they would pull the plug based on the division in the fan base and potential backslash. The last thing they will want is a disgruntled fan base straight after lockdown and following such a positive season previously. I'm not sure they will want to take that hit to moral just yet? 

Very good post villa park could be back to full last thing we need is jack leaving, replacements not signed and we start badly,things could toxic.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

That would soften the blow buendia looks quality but I'd rather jack with him than instead of him.

I’m half-serious that £100m is far too much money for an injury-prone player with four years left until he’s 30. Is he worth £25m a year I don’t know.

Just now, Enda said:

I’m half-serious that £100m is far too much money for an injury-prone player with four years left until he’s 30. Is he worth £25m a year I don’t know.

I think a case of better the devil you know.

Jack's shins are a concern and I 100% agree 100mil is great money but I just don't think this season our squad could afford to lose his talents.

If the owners carry on building there could be a day when both parties decide its best but I for one think jack on his day is unplayable and would rather have him with us than against us.

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think we can definitely replace Jack in terms of match winning ability.

What is irreplaceable is the joy he gives us all watching him play. He’s a unique talent. Be a massive shame to not be able to watch him tearing teams apart every week. You just don’t see many players with his ability who have a team built around them.

I would worry at City that he’d become a more functional, less instinctive player. A lot of the romance has gone out of football, and he’s one of the few players who really makes you want to stop what you’re doing and watch a game.

Hence why I've started getting my " He was shit anyways " and " He isn't even that good anyways " in early 🤣

Similarly to how the prettiest, most ambitious , sweetest and most Intelligent, woman who left you " was a slag anyway ' 🙄👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I think we can definitely replace Jack in terms of match winning ability.

What is irreplaceable is the joy he gives us all watching him play. He’s a unique talent. Be a massive shame to not be able to watch him tearing teams apart every week. You just don’t see many players with his ability who have a team built around them.

I would worry at City that he’d become a more functional, less instinctive player. A lot of the romance has gone out of football, and he’s one of the few players who really makes you want to stop what you’re doing and watch a game.

I agree.  I saw a clip earlier of Charlie Austin saying just imagine what Pep could do with Jack ... well he hasn't done too much for Sterling who was fantastic when he first came from Liverpool but seems to have really gone of the ball for Citeh (hardly played the second half of last year).  I like Pep and I like the way he wants to play football although I think he has a tendency to overthink it on big games/perhaps believes his own hype too much but I don't see him as a genius in terms of improving players??

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They are business men, not clowns. They will do what they believe is best for their business. If they based their business decisions on a few hysterical fans I would be very worried!!

Â