The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

England wont struggle against those teams the England squad players are too good. Its when England will come up against a team with some genuine talent that Southgate will be found out again. But he will never be asked the question "why did you leave your best midfielder back at home?"

Iceland probably not as their time has passed I think. Denmark however are well organised, boring as hell, and have some players that can hurt you and can spring a surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I was interested in finding out more about this idea of Southgate not wanting to be questioned but it sounds like it was just Twitter talk and not true. Hopefully that means he will be asked about it at some point in the coming days and we can find out his thinking.

Why is it untrue Twitter talk when the person tweeting it copies in @RobDorsetSky and @SkySports? Given how high profile it is I’m sure they’d have denied it if it wasn’t true.

And suppose he just does it again and says before the question he’s not going to ask any questions on Jack Grealish?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Iceland probably not as their time has passed I think. Denmark however are well organised, boring as hell, and have some players that can hurt you and can spring a surprise.

What do you mean saying, we, Denmark, are boring as hell? You clearly hasn’t watched us play

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Why is it untrue Twitter talk when the person tweeting it copies in @RobDorsetSky and @SkySports? Given how high profile it is I’m sure they’d have denied it if it wasn’t true.

And suppose he just does it again and says before the question he’s not going to ask any questions on Jack Grealish?

I’m not sure if you understand how Twitter works but Rob Dorset and the guy who operates the Sky Sports media account don’t have time  (or the inclination) to reply to every person on Twitter who tags them. It seems like that guy has just made something up to gain new followers and retweets because it has not been verified anywhere else. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a Villa perspective I have to say I’m delighted he hasn’t been picked... apart from what it might do to his mood and his views on leaving/staying. As previously stated I would love him to just declare for Ireland so we don’t need to go through this bullshit each squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Uh-oh. It’s going to go off in here when @raykand @DCJonahpick their sides in this one!

That would have made some sort of sense had we been playing the USA, but I guess that didn’t bother you only trying to fan the flames.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not sure if you understand how Twitter works but Rob Dorset and the guy who operates the Sky Sports media account don’t have time  (or the inclination) to reply to every person on Twitter who tags them. It seems like that guy has just made something up to gain new followers and retweets because it has not been verified anywhere else. 

Who said they should reply to every tweet that tags them?

But when it involves the England manager saying he’s not taking questions on Jack then I think that ranks quite highly on tweets to deny if untrue.

Thats what PR departments do...but I’m not sure you understand that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

What's this rayk lad babbling on about? Every thread is polluted with his nonsense!

Sorry for having a different view to the masses and defending myself.

23 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

England wont struggle against those teams the England squad players are too good. Its when England will come up against a team with some genuine talent that Southgate will be found out again. But he will never be asked the question "why did you leave your best midfielder back at home?"

I'm not sure , on paper our threat is going forward but our defence looks a bit suspect to me, McQuire will have to be dropped as well. If any of these teams can get at the back then I see problems for us.

We could have had Jack off the bench to change the game but we have no one who can do what Jack does . 

It does make me wonder if Southgate is getting his information from people behind the scenes on players.  

https://www.goal.com/en/news/england-boss-southgate-explains-continued-omission-of/zv6r36nhlck71wjacoyt7v0ib

Explaining Grealish's continued omission, Southgate has said that the 24-year-old is unfortunate to play a position that has plenty of depth. 

"The difficulty for Jack is Mason Greenwood, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford," Southgate said. "We have got incredible players in those positions, we have got competition for places. Those four have either been with us for a long time and been exceptional in their performances for us, in terms of Marcus and Raheem.

"Jadon is just breaking through and I think everybody is aware of his potential, and Mason Greenwood's goalscoring record and performances with Manchester United were outstanding.

"It is an area of the field where we have people like Callum Hudson-Odoi as well. I know at times Villa play Jack as a midfield player – that is not as I see him in the way we play.

"So with us he would be a wide player or a 10, and at the moment I think we have got players who deserve to be in just ahead of him."

You prat!

Southgate has said several times that Jack is playing LW for Villa and therefore competing for a a lot against Rashford and Sterling in the England squad. Even if he’s had his best year stats wise for us it’s still not as good as the numbers they posted. 

If we wants to get in the England team it needs to be in a central midfield box to box role. I’m sure this has not been lost on Jack and is probably the reason why we are looking at the likes of Rashica/Benrahma who play that LW role.

On this squad I of course would have picked him. But to play CM. He isn’t better than Rashford, Sterling IMO he’s better in other ways but the top end of the pitch is all about pace in the modern game. He’s better than Ward Prowse and he’s better than Mount, Foden too. But Southgate only sees him as a LW for some reason.

Im not surprised in the slightest he hasn’t called him up. Nothing’s changed since the last squad except for Grealishs form to get worse. He was not great in the main post lockdown and not great for a little bit before lockdown. 

Its clear Southgate doesn’t rate him which is odd. Seems to want solid cloggers and then to rely on Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho. 

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I was interested in finding out more about this idea of Southgate not wanting to be questioned but it sounds like it was just Twitter talk and not true. Hopefully that means he will be asked about it at some point in the coming days and we can find out his thinking.

Yes, this is what I was asking, did anyone hear Rob Dorsett say this on sky? 

Â