The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

By my reckoning The Meaning Evil have run a different story about Grealish joining Man Ure everyday for the last 2 weeks.

Its saddens me how low this "newspaper" has fallen.  Please don't click on any of their stories as it just encourages them to write some more nonsense. 

If we go down I think £60m is a good price to get for him. We're not being battered and only getting pittance. My worry is that the bidding will start at £30m and be hovering round £45m for most of summer.

It's an absolute bargain for whoever pays it.

If we stay up, we don't need to sell. It'll be eye watering. £80m minimum.

Edited by Tomaszk

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we go down I think £60m is a good price to get for him. We're not being battered and only getting pittance. My worry is that the bidding will start at £30m and be hovering round £45m for most of summer.

It's an absolute bargain for whoever pays it.

If we stay up, we don't need to sell. It'll be eye watering. £80m minimum.

I doubt we would "need to sell" even if we were to go down. Either way, the thought of losing Grealish is simply heartbreaking. 

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

By my reckoning The Meaning Evil have run a different story about Grealish joining Man Ure everyday for the last 2 weeks.

Its saddens me how low this "newspaper" has fallen.  Please don't click on any of their stories as it just encourages them to write some more nonsense. 

You must have an incredibly long memory to still see the Mail as a fallen newspaper.

Bit like being upset that Stonehenge is no longer the Temple/Observatory/Over 50’s Club or whatever, it used to be. 🙂

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I doubt we would "need to sell" even if we were to go down. Either way, the thought of losing Grealish is simply heartbreaking. 

I'm certain we would. We lose £120m of funding.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Jack has a £60M release clause?

Clicky

Thought it is put release clause purpose act as failsafe for we fail promotion to premiership last season.

Once we promote it is cancelled and removed release clause; As originally jack wanted to also smith want stop lowest bid war so set up to stop hassle if he were still in championship if we relegated and it is become trigger once again 60 millions.

If we still up and I think we should put 100 millions as minimum and let bid war.

Worth to find out?

I prefer he go Barcelona if Messi left or understudy before Messi retired he is ideal replacement. As can't see him in man utd or maybe man city regular - pep style

I remember he say always Want to playing for 2 clubs it is Barcelona and Aston Villa.

Let hopefully Barcelona say loan back 1 more season if Messi didn't left or once Messi retired and he move to there.

Please any of you updated release clause as we under the fog about these.

The Sun claiming we were willing to sell him for £6m under Xia

DANIEL LEVY will be hoping his determination to drive a hard bargain does not come back to haunt him at Villa Park this afternoon.

Tottenham chairman Levy  watches his club’s  Premier League clash against Aston Villa knowing he could have signed the hosts’ £80MILLION skipper Jack Grealish for £6M just 18 months ago.

Villa, then cash strapped and in the Championship, were willing to sell their star man for that meagre price as they desperately needed the money.

Club chiefs were in a race against time to pay off  debt and save Villa from the prospect of going into administration — or even worse. It was July  2018 and Levy and  the squad were literally at the airport waiting to head off to Los Angeles for a pre-season tour.

But the Spurs supremo believed he could get Grealish for £5m, or even £4m, so he decided to make Villa sweat and boarded the plane.

It turned out to be a  big mistake because by the time he landed in LA 11 hours later, Villa  had been bought by billionaires Nassef  Sawiris and Wes Edens.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10971611/tottenham-80million-aston-villa-skipper-jack-grealish-6m-18-months-ago/

23 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

No he doesn't. The club have confirmed that none of our players have release clauses. I believe they have done so several times.

Sweet. Express making s*** up as usual.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

That’s garbage surely. I remember Levy taking the p***. Just because you put in a low ball offer doesn’t mean it is in any way realistic. He can think he ‘nearly signed him’ as much as he wants. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

That's all just way too convenient to be remotely true. Levy may be well known for being tight, but he also recognises a good deal when it's on offer, no way he put off signing Grealish to force his fee down by just £1m, only to have his tactic was scuppered by us completing a multi-million club takeover within 11hrs? It just has to be bullshit. God I wish the Sun would just **** off.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn’t think much of his performance today against a good Spurs side, all of our attacks go through him. We have no variation in our play

Honestly mate how have you decided that Grealish wasn't up to much but Samatta was very good?

You're notorious on this forum for rating our academy players to all be superstars. You get one right, he's the best thing to come out of the academy for god knows how many years and we won't have anyone of his ability come through for some time but you decide he's now overrated and no better than bloody Mason Mount. I'm so confused with your thought process. 

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Honestly mate how have you decided that Grealish wasn't up to much but Samatta was very good?

You're notorious on this forum for rating our academy players to all be superstars. You get one right, he's the best thing to come out of the academy for god knows how many years and we won't have anyone of his ability come through for some time but you decide he's now overrated and no better than bloody Mason Mount. I'm so confused with your thought process. 

I just think he has been overrated by pretty much everyone, his performance today backed up my opinion I thought. He’s not a leader, he doesn’t rally the troops, at times in the second half, he was walking. 

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Didn’t think much of his performance today against a good Spurs side, all of our attacks go through him. We have no variation in our play

He was the best player on the pitch. I don’t know what games you’re watching mate

• Like 4

Â