The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

The Grealish hype machine is well underway now, being talked of as one of the biggest talents in the PL on the radio already.

Hope he doesn't let it get to him!

I think the Guardian(?) did a "Top 10 exciting talents" article either at the start of last season, or the start of this one.  In any case, Grealish was listed.  He's been hyped up for a while but that performance was completely befitting of the hype.

Much like Harry Kane at Spurs, he's "one of our own" and I'd love to see him stay at Villa forever and ever and ever...

• Like 1

He could actually change his mind and decide on England still as he hasn't represented Ireland at full international level. Up to Hodgson now!

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the England side - he'd be tapped up for a "big" club in 3 weeks flat.

Stick with Ireland Jack. Wales did Giggs and Bale no harm.

• Like 1

He could actually change his mind and decide on England still as he hasn't represented Ireland at full international level. Up to Hodgson now!

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the England side - he'd be tapped up for a "big" club in 3 weeks flat.

He'll be tapped up anyway if he continues this level of performance in the Premier League. I don't think Oneill's style of play will suit him. If you have ambition choose England. 

If you have ambition choose England. 

Obviously this is bollocks but yeah.

If he wants to play for Ireland I won't judge him on that. Villa having players in the England side in  recent years hasnt ever really ended well.

• Like 1

I'm sure both will look back on their World Cup qualifying matches with fondness.

• Like 1

I 100% agree with you Eames, I detest the England set up but Delph has bucked that trend considerably.

What is it you detest about the English set up? The media?

Jacky Grealish walks on water...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

It's his ability to find space and pick the correct option which is the most exciting thing for me. I've seen loads of youngsters over the years who can dribble past players, be selfish but then have little end product but the timing and weight of his passing was absolutely faultless yesterday.

As many have said before, the only thing I'd like to see a bit more of is a willingness to shoot or really drive at defenders when he gets to the edge of the box, with his footwork he's likely to get into a scoring chance or gain a penalty. I think he will be even better when he gets his first goal though. Hleb comparison is quite a good one actually, he was a very underrated player for Arsenal and almost impossible to get the ball off!

I 100% agree with you Eames, I detest the England set up but Delph has bucked that trend considerably.

Everything. And that's the only answer you're getting from me :D

He'll be tapped up anyway if he continues this level of performance in the Premier League. I don't think Oneill's style of play will suit him. If you have ambition choose England. 

Ambition? You lot haven't won a trophy in fifty years!

How about playing for a country where nobody is under constant media scrutiny, and you don't get jeered or harassed if you make a mistake and/or lose?

Or, more importantly, playing for the national team you most associate with? In the shirt you wore as a kid?

I hope Jack chooses whichever is best for him/his family and doesn't fall for this "ambition" nonsense  :crylaugh:

There is nothing good about the English national team at all.

If anything, I'd prefer Grealish to stick with Ireland and be an absolute star for them.  Still, his call.

• Like 4

The way Ireland play under Oneill I am not sure he would prosper. Giggs never got the opportunity to play in a world cup. George Best didn't even get that opportunity and he was one of the greatest players ever. Nope he should choose what Country and has the best chance of achieving that. 

Â