The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I can't believe some of you see nothing wrong with this tweet. Imagine you work in an office and are given a shitty job to do. If you tweeted something alon the lines of 'i cant wait to be given a less shitty job', not only would you be questioning your managers ability to pick the best role for you, you would also be openly opposing their decision. Any leader would not be having none of it.

If you managed people at all, you would know this is a big no no, and I would not be surprised not seeing Jack start this season at all because of this.

Be humble, play football, get off the computer Jack.

He was probably using his phone.

• Like 3

Having reneged on his " I want to spend the rest of my career here " kind of tips the balance towards disliking him , and I get that , however , it was'nt that long ago that I was getting pelters for blaming him -and rightly imo - over the Man City defeat .

Now , all of a sudden , he couldn't pour a pint of milk in a dairy . That imo is " fickle .

I can't believe some of you see nothing wrong with this tweet. Imagine you work in an office and are given a shitty job to do. If you tweeted something alon the lines of 'i cant wait to be given a less shitty job', not only would you be questioning your managers ability to pick the best role for you, you would also be openly opposing their decision. Any leader would not be having none of it.

If you managed people at all, you would know this is a big no no, and I would not be surprised not seeing Jack start this season at all because of this.

No, it depends what job you are in and how big a demand you're skills are. I work as a consultant in a software company where the software i work on is hard to get good people for. I wouldn't be long telling my boss i wouldnt be doing shity work as i know i could walk straight into another job as id be in-demand and that they wouldnt want to see me go (i hope :) )

No, it depends what job you are in and how big a demand you're skills are. I work as a consultant in a software company where the software i work on is hard to get good people for. I wouldn't be long telling my boss i wouldnt be doing shity work as i know i could walk straight into another job as id be in-demand and that they wouldnt want to see me go (i hope :) )

At the same time you would hope that your boss wouldnt send the promising trainee to do the main mans job

If he is only getting 20 minutes here or there this season with us I think it would hold him back in his development so I'd prefer him to head to Forest to the end of the season for further experience. No point whatsoever in him having 20mins a month and a bit of under 21 for us. Get out and play.

• Like 3

If you managed people at all, you would know this is a big no no

Translation: "I'm a manager, don't you know?" B)

Banter aside he is right. It's a respect thing, you can't have it. Respect in this case should be automatic too... Not only that, but his teammates will be looking and thinking what are you on about pal, you think you're better than me?

Of course arrogance in a footballer is a necessary trait, but you need to know when to hold your tongue. Foolish IMO, but then as aforementioned, he is a footballer.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

He hasn't necessarily shown that he's the 'goods' whenever he has been on the pitch. He has always looked confident which is great, but his execution has often been poor, often placing his passes poorly and losing the ball. 

It's not clear he's as talented as some are making out, I guess time will tell. I do believe he should be getting more game though on the basis that he couldn't do much worse than the 'regulars'.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I don't remember the game but he stuck the ball on Benteke's head who was six yards out and that was saved. If the goes in or something along those lines comes off for him it would give him great confidence.

As I say though, if it's only the odd sub appearance here and u21's then he's better off playing to the end of the season in the championship!

• Like 1

Jack Grealish is believed to have been fined for his recent comments on Twitter which suggested that he was unhappy at his lack of playing opportunities at AstonVilla.

The youngster tweeted a message which read: ‘just want to be happy playing football again’ after dropping out of the first-team picture and returning to Under-21 football.

Boss Paul Lambert was angered by his behaviour and has since warned him about his future conduct.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jack-grealish-believed-8506908

Jack Grealish is believed to have been fined for his recent comments on Twitter which suggested that he was unhappy at his lack of playing opportunities at AstonVilla.

The youngster tweeted a message which read: ‘just want to be happy playing football again’ after dropping out of the first-team picture and returning to Under-21 football.

Boss Paul Lambert was angered by his behaviour and has since warned him about his future conduct.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jack-grealish-believed-8506908

Bet they wouldnt have fined him if they were still trying to Con him into signing a new contract.

they treated him like shit to sign a new deal and then Lambert gets upset that Jack was misled and got upset? 

This club is a farce. 

In this instance i can understand Lambert being upset.. but when its caused by his own actions... i think a fine is harsh. Have a stern talking to the kid.. he is 19 and grown up in a social media generation. Paul needs to show a little more understanding. I fear they will have a rocky relationship and Jack will not get many opportunities. Suddenly he is ill and may not feature in the FA Cup............... 

I don't condone what Grealish did, nor do I think it is exactly that bad either as far more experienced older players have made tw*ts of themselves on Twitter.

But when we are so inept week in week out I despair why Lambert takes no real risks on Grealish, Bacuna or Robinson. The former have had starts and cameos, usually due to injuries or in cup games. They haven't disgraced themselves either.

Yet week in week out Gabby, Cleverly contribute nothing and get picked, even Benteke and Westwood have been poor enough to justify dropping, yet there are invincibles that play all the time whenever fit. Making me think Lambert doesn't run the dressing room and the only risk he ever takes is 'rotate one vaguely creative player once every four losses' or set us up to be even more defensive than the match before.

• Like 2

Â