The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Disappointed in Jack today. He didnt work hard enough for mine. Maybe a little cocky at the moment? He needs to increase his work rate. I can see why Lambert dropped him from the squad..

No, not cocky. If an international like Sanchez struggles to adapt, a young player certainly will. It will come with more game time.
Jack not working hard enough and Sanchez making poor passes and giving away fouls is completely different. One is trying and failing, the other example is someone not trying (as much as they can/ should). I hope Jack 'adapts' with more game time. But this isn't about him getting used to anything, it's about hin realising he's no longer the best player on the pitch, and that he needs to put a proper shift in.

Disappointed in Jack today. He didnt work hard enough for mine. Maybe a little cocky at the moment? He needs to increase his work rate. I can see why Lambert dropped him from the squad..

No, not cocky. If an international like Sanchez struggles to adapt, a young player certainly will. It will come with more game time.
Jack not working hard enough and Sanchez making poor passes and giving away fouls is completely different. One is trying and failing, the other example is someone not trying (as much as they can/ should). I hope Jack 'adapts' with more game time. But this isn't about him getting used to anything, it's about hin realising he's no longer the best player on the pitch, and that he needs to put a proper shift in.

exactly. He was just very casual in his work etho.

Thought he was good, but that one play near the end where the ball was coming towards him and he just stood there and watched the Burnley player get it was bewildering and frustrating. There seemed to be a break on too if he managed to get the ball.

• Like 1

Playing with cole would benefit him

I think learning from Cole (if he isn't already) would benefit him. My main gripe with Jack is his workrate. Cole isn't a player you could label as 'lazy', so I'd want him to encourage Jack that to be the best you have to try your best.

I think some are just eager to jump on him and I don't know why.

Because some make him out to be a savior, rather than a really talented player who has his strength and weaknesses, and needs to be blooded in slowly. I am a fan, and I will say he is a year or two from being a player that should start games regularly.

• Like 3

Needs alot more movement off the ball, I watched the game and this was very poor, don't like to bring Lambert into it again but are they not coaching this guy to run off the ball?? Yes we can say he is learning, but for me this needs to be done on the training field, Robinson would have been the best man to bring on.

Yeah its Lambert's fault. Of course it is.

Im just saying he was very static off the ball. He does get coached by Lambert and his staff yeah? Surely its the basics not to stand still when making a pass.
Joe Cole gets coached by Lambert and his staff and apparently his movement was excellent yesterday.

Maybe its that grealish is used to running rings around youth teams and the need for a greater amount of movement in the big leagues is something he hasn't adjusted to yet?

Could explain why we haven't seen him feature more yet.

Edited by Stevo985

Maybe its that grealish is used to running rings around youth teams and the need for a greater amount of movement in the big leagues is something he hasn't adjusted to yet?

Paradoxically, it also explains why we need to see him featuring more regularly

Im just saying he was very static off the ball. He does get coached by Lambert and his staff yeah? Surely its the basics not to stand still when making a pass.
Joe Cole gets coached by Lambert and his staff and apparently his movement was excellent yesterday.

Im sure Joe Cole does not need lambert to coach him how to play??

Im sure Joe Cole does not need lambert to coach him how to play??
You don't see how contradictory that is?

You're saying Lambert deserves stick for grealish's lack of movement but no credit for Cole's movement.

Cole is more experienced, but in other threads you're (rightly IMO) saying Lambert is coaching players into playing negatively. So does Lambert's coaching influence players or not?

It can't all be right.

Edited by Stevo985

Â