The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Too many gays on here concerned with a boys hair do.

Yeah anyone who briefly considers the appearance of another guy is a raging homo amirite?

Don't you mean a raging homo ammonite?

No, he was asking if he was right.

----=====<<The joke>>

You.

^^^^^

• Like 1

Too many gays on here concerned with a boys hair do.

Yeah anyone who briefly considers the appearance of another guy is a raging homo amirite?

Don't you mean a raging homo ammonite?

No, he was asking if he was right.

----=====<<The joke>>

You.

^^^^^

Ooops...Def. missing something re the ammonite then

• Like 1

I put it in the match thread, but was at the game last night and this lad was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. So much further ahead than our other academy players already. The lad has natural talent and will go far. Need to sort his contract out ASAP. If he can bulk up a bit he will have a big future in the Premier League.

Was also very impressed by him last night. The only logic to letting Albrighton go for free is that they felt Jack was ready and a better bet for the future.

In my eyes he is ready now and I see him getting plenty of first team action this year. Streets ahead of Tonev

I too was there PieFacE. He's definately ahead of the other lads, many of which are older than him. I still worry a bit about his size, as he will get muscled off the ball, and not always be able to get a free kick in return. But hopefully his skill will win in the end.

I saw Jack's first goal for the first team in the pre-season friendlies last year, and now I've seen his second! Hopefully I'll see a few more when the season proper kicks off.

I hope he lives up to his hype and potential .  If so his transfer value will be huge

So next summer we're going to sell Grealish AND Okore? 

I agree it's the upside of the young and hungry policy and the great academy we have to help us turn a profit, but I'd like to think if Lambert is still around it won't just be to turn a profit on sales year in, year out. I think he is more ambitious than that surely?

I hope he lives up to his hype and potential .  If so his transfer value will be huge

So next summer we're going to sell Grealish AND Okore? 

I agree it's the upside of the young and hungry policy and the great academy we have to help us turn a profit, but I'd like to think if Lambert is still around it won't just be to turn a profit on sales year in, year out. I think he is more ambitious than that surely?

Sorry dont buy it.  This is what the club is all about now I think as depressing as it is.

Ive heard hes leaving.

Not yet I hope .  His value wont be anything like the amount it could be 

Football is about having the technical and physical attributes, but someone as talented with the ball as Jack doesn't necessarily need to 'bulk up' in a way that a mostly physical player like Gabby had to, they just need to learn to use their size and strength effectively, which it looks like he is learning now playing games at the senior level. He's of a similar build to Modric, who did just fine in the Premier League.

Letting him leave would be a travesty.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Football is about having the technical and physical attributes, but someone as talented with the ball as Jack doesn't necessarily need to 'bulk up' in a way that a mostly physical player like Gabby had to, they just need to learn to use their size and strength effectively, which it looks like he is learning now playing games at the top level. He's of a similar build to Modric, who did just fine in the Premier League.

Letting him leave would be a travesty.

Totally agree on the bulking up. It's a fixation because a player can gain an edge by being bigger/stronger if it's not at the cost of pace. In the case of a player who naturally has a technical ability to outshine other players it's not a necessity, and asking a smaller player to bulk up could be detrimental in the long run. Look at photos of Ronaldo (the original one) when he's 18 and then when he's mid twenties, aside from the drugs argument, I think he was advised badly to put on that much muscle mass and that's what knackered his knees.

I'm not comparing Ronaldo to Grealish here, it's an example of overdoing this fixation with muscle bound sprinters that the modern game has thrown up. If Jack can protect the ball through his skills then he does't need the muscles, they might do more harm than good long term.

So much hope around this kid. Want to see him around the first team this yr, we need to sort that contract out soon.

So much hope around this kid. Want to see him around the first team this yr, we need to sort that contract out soon.

• Like 1

Â