The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This is his chance, this season. If he is as good as he thinks he is then he should dominate in this league. I have no evidence for this but I reckon his mates must be absolute rocket polishers.

I just don't get the fuss. Came on, took two woeful corners, jogged about a bit like he was the most talented player on the pitch.  If that's the new, head down, Mr Commitment Jack Grealish then I don't see the point. He had a great game 15 months ago at Wembley, good for him, but he's as ineffective as any of the other losers from last season. 

Not it a flash decision from 15 minutes of one game. He's not going to have changed dramatically from last season. I'm sure he's got talented feet, but that's not enough. 

Might be be a decent option for certain types of games, but a saviour and future great he ain't. 

Hope he proves me wrong, but I ain't holding my breath. 

• Like 1

I thought he made an impact when coming on. He's so comfortable with the ball it's a joy to watch which can't be said for a lot of our players. Really think he should have started today, we had all those attacking players but lacked creativity.

When you consider how overrun we were in the first half, with 30% possession, I think you can see why we didn't start him today. 

Two home games against weak opponents next, I think he should get a lot more minutes in those. 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When you consider how overrun we were in the first half, with 30% possession, I think you can see why we didn't start him today. 

Two home games against weak opponents next, I think he should get a lot more minutes in those. 

I don't know. He's good at keeping the ball, in fact he was even holding the ball up when we he came on yesterday.

I thought he looked bright, I think he can be one of the best players in this league. Would like to see him start the next league game.

• Like 2

Bacuna starting over Grealish is a joke decision for me. Bacuna likes to think he's a big lad but he definitely isn't. He's awful at trapping the ball with his right foot never mind his left. When Jack came on at least when the ball went to him you knew he'd only lose it if he got crowded out, not because he couldn't control it like half our team (Hutton, Bacuna, Cissokho, Gestede), he needs to be playing from now on.

• Like 1

I think Rdm made the right decision not to start him yesterday, we will be playing against teams that will want to beat us (Wednesday, Derby & Newcastle etc.) and teams that will sit back it against us.

I believe it makes sense to have different players for different games and not start the same 11 every 4 days.

• Like 1

Its the first game of the season away from home at one of the favorites. Cant blame RDM for going a bit defensive. 

Id say the home games is where we will see him introduced from the start.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't know. He's good at keeping the ball, in fact he was even holding the ball up when we he came on yesterday.

I thought he looked bright, I think he can be one of the best players in this league. Would like to see him start the next league game.

I think we'll see a lot less of him away from home at 'top' sides. 

I would also like him to start the next league game, the next two in fact. We need more creativity at home. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think we'll see a lot less of him away from home at 'top' sides. 

I would also like him to start the next league game, the next two in fact. We need more creativity at home. 

I hope not. He has the ability to destroy all of the so called 'top' sides in this division.

Â