The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The absolutely maddening part of all this is if he stayed we’d now have a team pushing for Europe. Watkins, Grealish, Buendia and Bailey is a kick-the-back-doors-out-of-it attack. I can’t name a better front four in the league. One or two more in midfield and we’re there.

If he leaves now and smashes that up… what can you say? 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

The absolutely maddening part of all this is if he stayed we’d now have a team pushing for Europe. Watkins, Grealish, Buendia and Bailey is a kick-the-back-doors-out-of-it attack. I can’t name a better front four in the league. One or two more in midfield and we’re there.

If he leaves now and smashes that up… what can you say? 

It's the FFP glass ceiling that's to blame ultimately. The rules are there to stop us challenging. They don't want it to happen.

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

Who is Neil Moxley and is he reputable?

Local journalist I think. Not sure if he's reputable 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

It's the FFP glass ceiling that's to blame ultimately. The rules are there to stop us challenging. They don't want it to happen.

Yes and no. He stays and we’ve cracked it anyway. We can still afford to make the additions we need to break the top 6 this season, maybe even top 4 next season. FFP is a slag, but we can do it  regardless. If he really was Villa to the core how could he walk away from that and set his own club back? 

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hes gone - sooner we all accept it the better.

I don’t think Omar is making definitive statements without having a good take on what’s really happening. Boils my **** piss that he’d do this to us. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jack Grealish is an elite player.

Aston Villa are not currently an elite club.

It’s about as simple as that. It’s strangely cathartic to remind myself of that, everything else is peripheral ultimately.

The biggest club for 100 miles in any direction, the original superpower of football. The originators. The one and only. Even the name is superior. Aston Villa. Will always be elite.

Vulgar 2 bob soulless mug clubs like Man City, with their crook owners will never be what we are. Class is permanent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jack Grealish is an elite player.

Aston Villa are not currently an elite club.

It’s about as simple as that. It’s strangely cathartic to remind myself of that, everything else is peripheral ultimately.

He was elite last year too, and the year before that. We were a much worse team in both cases. We've already done the impossible, twice.

22 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes and no. He stays and we’ve cracked it anyway. We can still afford to make the additions we need to break the top 6 this season, maybe even top 4 next season. FFP is a slag, but we can do it  regardless. If he really was Villa to the core how could he walk away from that and set his own club back? 

I don’t think Omar is making definitive statements without having a good take on what’s really happening. Boils my **** piss that he’d do this to us. 

Let's just say it would be a bigger u-turn than Usher's song U-Turn

29 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He sure as hell has not and won’t be either -  jack is not staying at villa - it’s sad and disappointing but we need to move on as a club and prepare for the season ahead 

23 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is Omar ITK?

You’ll need to ask him, but I think he’s probably close enough to have a good read of the situation. Also he sounds clever, which makes him more convincing.

• Haha 2

Â