The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, mattyvilla said:

It may be unpopular but i don't agree with keeping Grealish at all costs , footballers are high maintenance , as soon as we pay grealish 200k a week , mings , watkins , martinez all of a sudden want 150k. The club could not sustain it , we need to learn from the past.

Have we ever had a player on double what the rest of the squad is on? Surely, if we want to learn from the past, it’s making sure we don’t sell our best players as you don’t improve if you do?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

An even better feeling is experiencing all that with your club and cementing yourself as a legend in the process. It's not like he'll be like Le Tissier, playing for a team that's always fighting to stay afloat. We're very serious about challenging.

Of course the feeling will be better with Villa; however like it or not we are not in a position to offer what man city can, which is what all the top players wants, and that's those big games. Of course we're not Southampton a la le Tissier but there's a huge difference between being very serious about challenging and actually doing it.

Thinking about it, what would catapult the club and he player's credibility than to build this transfer speculation into a crescendo - only for him to reject all advances and to commit to us.  It may be painful, but what a statement if we are milking this for a fairytale ending.  Or he'll leave.

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

If the release clause is over £100m, I can't see Citeh paying it. Not when they need a striker as well. 

Jack wouldn't force a move either, even if he is tempted. 

I don’t think Jack would like the fans to know he forced a move. It’s very possible he wants to go and wants it managed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Have we ever had a player on double what the rest of the squad is on? Surely, if we want to learn from the past, it’s making sure we don’t sell our best players as you don’t improve if you do?

i mean in the sense of paying players an unsustainable amount of money , commercially we aren't anywhere near the clubs who pay this kind of money. , in the past we have done this and ended up in a mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Thinking about it, what would catapult the club and he player's credibility than to build this transfer speculation into a crescendo - only for him to reject all advances and to commit to us.  It may be painful, but what a statement if we are milking this for a fairytale ending.  Or he'll leave.

It was similar last summer , it just drags on 

Just now, Eastie said:

You know no more than any of us do in fairness - we need to wait and see , villa would want to keep any clause secret as much as possible - percy is one of many journalists who think there is a clause .

I personally do not think city would have a hope in hell of getting grealish without a clause .

they would know there was no chance of villa selling . Time will tell 

I agree I know no more than anybody else but his agent would be spreading about like wildfire and we would’ve heard about it.  His agent can’t keep his mouth shut and he obviously wants Jack to move to make money.  Given we havent heard it, that’s a good sign there isn’t one.

I think City are just using their local journalists to create this unstableness like many big clubs have done over the decades to get players out of smaller clubs.  His agent is probably doing the same because that’s just who he is.

As you say, time will tell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irishvilla1874 said:

I don’t think Jack would like the fans to know he forced a move. It’s very possible he wants to go and wants it managed.

That’s a losing battle then because everybody knows that the owners, management, players and fans don’t want him to go…only him really forcing a move will it even have a likely chance of it happening

IF jack leaves, so be it. It's about how you replace, plan and move forward. As there will come a point through movement or just him getting old and retiring that Jack wont be a Villa player anymore.

I think our recruitment this summer has been about us playing without Jack no matter, having a squad that can cope and know their damn roles without Jack, about going forward (not attacking wise but as a team and club as a whole). Whether that's no Jack at the club or jack injured. We simply cannot rely on him as much as we have. Mental health wise that's a hell of a burden on the lad. Physically it's obviously been. Whether we sell or he stays, we have a squad that can cope and survive without him in the squad and more importantly, thrive and have options without it all being on Jack Grealish.

I think our frontline recruitment is so that if Jack stays or is out inured, then it all doesnt go then onto Buendia, there's Bailey. We need double cover. If Jack leaves then we have two who can cover. It's solid planning.

PS. Be amazed if he leaves.

14 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

It may be unpopular but i don't agree with keeping Grealish at all costs , footballers are high maintenance , as soon as we pay grealish 200k a week , mings , watkins , martinez all of a sudden want 150k. The club could not sustain it , we need to learn from the past.

We can replace any of those players you just mentioned...that's the difference 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree I know no more than anybody else but his agent would be spreading about like wildfire and we would’ve heard about it.  His agent can’t keep his mouth shut and he obviously wants Jack to move to make money.  Given we havent heard it, that’s a good sign there isn’t one.

I think City are just using their local journalists to create this unstableness like many big clubs have done over the decades to get players out of smaller clubs.  His agent is probably doing the same because that’s just who he is.

As you say, time will tell.

Agreed its a win /win for his agent. Stirs it up with a Man City move so he gets his money whether Jack signs a new contract or moves to them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

In terms of the market, if a player is valued at £100M+ then they’re worth the salary that goes with that valuation. In the crazy world of football that’s easily £200k pw. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

In terms of the market, if a player is valued at £100M+ then they’re worth the salary that goes with that valuation. In the crazy world of football that’s easily £200k pw. 

Probably more really. As crazy as that sounds

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

We can replace any of those players you just mentioned...that's the difference 

ANY player is replaceable. Seriously. Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe. They all replaceable. As crazy as that sounds it's true. It's HOW AND WHO you replace them. And also adapting your style of place to suit. Fergie was a master of this, and to me proof that so much emphasis is put on players now rather than managers. Unbelievable. It's this shift that really cost Wenger at Arsenal. Messi holding the keys to the kingdom at Barca. Jack is replaceable. He really is. Just that they wont be Jack as they wont have come through the club since knee high. That's the harsh reality of this. Ronaldo was at Madrid so long due to his commercial value. Once that started to wane he was off the booked (well that and the crippling debt). Only reason Messi is still at Barca is nobody will pay that wage structure, even the new one for a player on the twilight of his career.

But as I said, there isn't a single player that a top end manager believes is irreplaceable. They just dont. they may publically say so for various reasons. But top end coaches, nay, all coaches, love moulding raw talent and making players better..

He aint going anywhere in my opinion, but after seeing players I've loved at Villa since I started following as a 4 year old in 1975, no player is irreplaceable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed its a win /win for his agent. Stirs it up with a Man City move so he gets his money whether Jack signs a new contract or moves to them.

Maybe Jack is being pushed by his agent - pity he didn’t choose a different agent but I guess they are pretty much all in it for the money 

Â