The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Honestly don't think I would consider an offer in the region of £ 150 million. 

Money does nothing for me as a fan. Good footballers on the other hand do. 

When you know how hard it is to find anything half useful for stupid money, it makes it even worse. 

Just hope Jack wants to continue captaining his club. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this actually. I mentioned a price tag of 80m on the previous page but I need to check myself before I wreck myself. 
Boasting about selling a player for x amount puts us in the same category as Blues fans with their beloved Bellingham Sale...'I bet you'd never sell a player to Dortmund'. 

F*** the money. Let's keep him and spend 150m on players around him. You very rarely get better by selling your best players, no matter the fee. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you know how hard it is to find anything half useful for stupid money, it makes it even worse. 

Just hope Jack wants to continue captaining his club. 

The last point is the takeaway for me. He has to want to be here. 

25 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Congratulations on staying up by the way and helping us to finish 7th by beating Arsenal.

As for Grealish, he's been brilliant for you but I would say that a decision needs to be made almost immediately that you are letting him go or him publicly stating that he is staying.

The last thing that you need is a protracted transfer negotiation that could take it down to the wire in respect of the start of next season. Any targets or replacements need to be in as quickly as possible so that the squad has time to gel. For the sake of an extra £5-10m its not worth risking a close season break of uncertainty in the squad followed by a rush to buy a replacement.

I'd say that accepting £60m with add ons early in the transfer window is better than holding for £70m+ if it means disruption to your pre-season plans. 

He does have a point.

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The starting price is 80m+ add ons. Minimum. 

But I have to agree with this.

Even though I don't think we will get this.

If he decides he wants to go, I think it will be closer to 60 - 70 mill plus add ons.

Could be even less depending on how determined he is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I remember saying on the United forum that Jack is the most talented English midfielder since Scholes and I got laughed out of the room (as if England has been blessed with talented midfielders since then). Now they're tripping over themselves to sign him just as I predicted. Jack is a generational talent. There aren't too many players in the world, much less attacking midfielders that can drag a team up from the Championship and then keep them up then following year. The amount of influence and talent you'd need to have to do that is immense. We have to get better players around him or we're just wasting his talent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think a lot of non-Villa fans and pundits truly underrate how good he is. Tim Sherwood is the only one who seems to understand, mostly because he's seen it first hand.

A major part of his game for me is his ability to run with the ball, take on a player, go past him or invariably end up getting a free. Massive emphasis these days with top teams on pressing players who are in possession. Two options, either technically brilliant and patient enough on the ball to pass through a press or you've got a Jack Grealish who when you press him, you'll foul him or he'll glide past you. His core and leg strength too are underrated. I've not seen many in the last 2 to 3 years take the ball off him cleanly. Other teams think because he gets fouled a lot he is weak which is untrue. Grealish rarely gets the ball taken off him unless he is fouled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Good stuff.

Also agree, how WOULD he fit into the side?

Just because we think he is Maradona doesn't change the reality that they have a very high quality stable of attacking mids/forwards there.

These are things he needs to take into consideration.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Good to hear , let’s give him better options up front and he can create goals for us , 3 years on his deal left , buy well and hopefully he will be happy to stay 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good stuff.

Also agree, how WOULD he fit into the side?

Just because we think he is Maradona doesn't change the reality that they have a very high quality stable of attacking mids/forwards there.

These are things he needs to take into consideration.

They're Manchester United, they could just buy him out of vanity like they did with Alexis Sanchez despite him not fitting in the team at all.

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I remember saying on the United forum that Jack is the most talented English midfielder since Scholes and I got laughed out of the room (as if England has been blessed with talented midfielders since then). Now they're tripping over themselves to sign him just as I predicted. Jack is a generational talent. There aren't too many players in the world, much less attacking midfielders that can drag a team up from the Championship and then keep them up then following year. The amount of influence and talent you'd need to have to do that is immense. We have to get better players around him or we're just wasting his talent.

He's brilliant.

I keep saying it as well, it's the fact he's performing at this level for this side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He's brilliant.

I keep saying it as well, it's the fact he's performing at this level for this side.

I hate to think it, but could you imagine him at a top side? He'd be Gazza status within a couple of months.

Still laughing at Spurs missing a trick. Could have saved 70m if they just ponied up 25-30 a couple of years ago and could have had another world class youngster linking up with Kane, Eriksen and Son under Poch.

38 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

"I've never seen a bag of money score a goal" (Johann Cruyff) 

There's another famous quote (can't find the attribution atm): 

"Money in the bank is no good to a football club: you need to put it on the pitch, where people can see it". 

• Like 1

Like I said yesterday, I'm really starting to think we're going to keep him. Staying up has changed a lot. 

Obviously now we're demanding £80m and I just think there's no way anyone pays that. If he decides to have a moan and try to force a move well he still has 3 years left on his contract and I'm sure the club will give him a little reminder that there's a Euros coming up next summer. So if he doesn't move he can't afford to sulk, he gets his head down and performs again otherwise it's no England squad for Jack. 

Unless things just change drastically for whatever reason, I believe we're in a really strong position. 

• Like 2

Â