The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

it’s accepting where we are as a club.

How do you think clubs get better?

Good thing I'm confident this won't be the talk the owners give Jack or any potential signings.

If he does go, it will be for top dollar, and with a top class replacement lined up.

None of this defeatist nonsense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don’t think it’s much of a con job with the financial power of the owners. It’s not like we’ve got Lerner or Dr X in charge still. 

not saying we’ll be champions league quality anytime soon but we can certainly improve with 4-5 quality players to complement Grealish and target another good cup run. 

I think he would be happy just seeing progression and ambition year on year, again, there is NO reason he couldn;t leave at 26, 27, or 28 and still go on to have a great career elsewhere if he should so choose.

Despite all the waxing lyrical I don't think Jack is anywhere near the complete article yet either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Nobody is desperate for him to go. But we can’t offer champions league and might not for years. We accept that this might happen and he goes. It’s not wanting him to go, it’s accepting where we are as a club.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

See you next season Jack in a Villa shirt with your 3 years left on your contract.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he would be happy just seeing progression and ambition year on year, again, there is NO reason he couldn;t leave at 26, 27, or 28 and still go on to have a great career elsewhere if he should so choose.

Despite all the waxing lyrical I don't think Jack is anywhere near the complete article yet either.

Hope so 👍

1 minute ago, BigJim said:

Isn't he managed by his dad?  I'm afraid a huge amount of cash heading in the old man's direction if he leaves may be too hard to resist.

Surely his dad could get a huge amount of cash for him signing a new deal here as well?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Staying up is an absolute game changer

1) Jack will be buzzing and thinking hard tonight on the beers what this club means to him and his family

2) Under contract, no doubt will get an improved one

3) Euros next year, makes sense to play every week and be the star here again

4) FFP relaxed, lets see who we bring in first

5) Asking price will be huge now we survived, who will match it?

6) If we have agreed to let him leave regardless of all the above then silly us being sentimental. Genuine chance to kick on now and build, Purslow and the owners wanted to make statements that we wont be a selling club.

7) lets just see, whatever develops we’ll soon find out

Wouldnt surprise me that now he scored that goal in a survival match at end of season and when it was needed that his price increases off that alone.

Remember Man city saying they would love him but unfortunately Villa would demand to much, more than what they could actually spend on him, I think that's a reality now.

I dont agree to letting any player leave who serves this club with all they have, Owners need to be saying no to offers.

FFP spendature should increase right?? I mean the bank balance just got bigger surely.

Can put better players in Villa.

Grealish does have family who support villa as well and he will hopefully choose to continue down this road with villa till we go bad which hopefully wont be for a very long time.

Villa have a rep to reclaim in the midlands, because whether we like it or not at the moment wolves hold it and its ours, why wouldnt Grealish want to play some Derbys next season against wolves and Brom.

There are tons of reasons for Jack to stay, more than there is to leave anyway and there is now no reason that those in charge of Villa cant make a good run towards European football with Jack by our side.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

'Getting drunk with me!' - Why Aston Villa hero Jack Grealish should stay with Dean Smith

Villa, of course, value their prized asset at more than £80 million yet, as today pointed out, he's simply priceless. Villa will look to hold firm when the vultures circle and, if they are to kick on next year, Grealish must stay in B6. The asking price is huge, don't forget, and not many clubs would be willing to pay such a figure given the current climate.

What Villa should do now is reward Grealish with an advanced pay-packet as it's crystal-clear he's the man with the magic. Smith said afterwards Grealish's future lies "getting drunk with me".

Let's hope the party scenes tonight and the sweet nothings whispered in his ear go a long, long way in making the talented talisman commit for next season.

"We've got billionaire owners and he'd cost a lot, a lot of money," Smith said in his post-match and, knowing that, he could well stay as Aston Villa's No.10 for next term and beyond. He isn't going anywhere... just yet.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jack-grealish-transfer-18666356

• Like 4

Â