The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Think the Bale story was that he had a 24 match streak of not winning with Tottenham. They might have drawn, but they never won. And lets be fair, his Tottenham side was a tad better than a newly promoted team. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I think he will benefit greatly from playing in a midfield three of McGinn and Luiz/Marvelous, I think the either of the two DM’s will give him more freedom. 

(Sorry Connor)

Don’t apologise to Connor, apologise to Conor.

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think the Bale story was that he had a 24 match streak of not winning with Tottenham. They might have drawn, but they never won. And lets be fair, his Tottenham side was a tad better than a newly promoted team. 

That is correct, although he had plenty of winning games in the League, FA and Europa  Cups to keep him occupied while he was waiting for his first pl win, not something that Jack benefited from much. He also had the odd win or two playing for his national side (likewise).

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That is correct, although he had plenty of winning games in the League, FA and Europa  Cups to keep him occupied while he was waiting for his first pl win, not something that Jack benefited from much. He also had the odd win or two playing for his national side (likewise).

luckily Jack has won cup games as a Premier League player or they wouldnt have allowed him to play an FA Cup final 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Not so. His second pl game for Spurs was a 3-3  draw with Fulham and he scored to put them 3-1 up after 61 minutes.

His fourth pl game, if you recall... was a certain, ahem, 4-4 draw against a team called, er, Aston Villa, when Spurs came back from 1-4 to 4-4 in the last 20 minutes. 

You're right, it was 24 games without a win, not 24 losing games. My mistake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're right, it was 24 games without a win, not 24 losing games. My mistake.

Glad to see a discussion about stats can happen without unleashing the sort of furies that raged through the Dean Smith thread yesterday! 😀

• Haha 3

On 02/05/2019 at 15:44, KenjiOgiwara said:

Great players are always controversial. Either you hate them or you adore them. There's never been a middle ground on that. 

Unless you're Messi. Everyone likes Messi. 

Ronaldo's mom don't.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Stay off the Whisky. 

Well that’s very easy as I don’t drink it! Not had any alcoholic drink for a week either. 😀

Edited by brommy
Just feels like two weeks!

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unsurprisingly he was the joint most fouled player in the Premier League over the weekend

hopefully he wins a few free kicks in Hourihane territory at the weekend.

44 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

One thing about when he had the ball taken off him, where was the shout?

Thought this on a few occasions, a few of our guys had their pocket picked and either there was a shout that wasn't loud enough or worse no shout at all, we are going to need to help each other out more, both making ourselves available and communicating better.

If he can maintain his first half performance through a complete game then he will be in the England squad by the end of the season. He was fantastic first half, for me the best player on the pitch he made Spurs wary of committing to much and made the Trez chance with some superb play and a few others that didn't quite work out.

I think Grealish, Trez and McGinn are going to terrify a few teams once they get their fitness and get more familiar with the premier League .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

To be fair to Jack, he was only a 19-20 year-old for the first 18 of those games and he was playing in probably the worst top-flight Villa squad the world has seen. Ever.

Talk about trying to butcher a player uh??

Â