The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 hours ago, lexicon said:

The rest was obviously a great choice - came back swinging today.

Pretty sure he was ill not rested for the last game. Either way a week off is no harm. He's the difference between promotion and playoff heartbreak  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's managed 12 appearances at Wednesday this season, including an anonymous starting place yesterday

I still can't believe how much match time he got for us, he was and is absolute dog shit.

When a new manager comes to a club they usually pick players they know well. Bruce doesnt even trust him

Makes me thing Spurs had a clause that he had to play

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Did a bit of stat finding tonight on Grealish, I wanted to see how many secondary assists he had made (setting up the assist). Overall this season:

Under Bruce

Played - 11

Goals - 0

Assists - 1

Secondary Assists - 2

Under Smith

Played - 17

Goals - 6

Assists - 5

Secondary Assists - 6

Quite impressive the difference Smith has had on Grealish's game. The secondary assist stat is also quite impressive, he's managed 8 this season.

That's where he excels. The pass inside the fullback for the winger is his bread and butter and has led to many goals this season I'd imagine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That's where he excels. The pass inside the fullback for the winger is his bread and butter and has led to many goals this season I'd imagine.

The weight of his passes are just sublime, I’ve seldom seen a Villa player pass like him 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The weight of his passes are just sublime, I’ve seldom seen a Villa player pass like him 

You know the Robin Hood scene where someone hits a bullseye then Robin Hood splits the arrow. That would be Sid Cowans with a Grealish pass. Glen Hoddle would weep at his own inadequacy whilst watching a Cowans pass. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You know the Robin Hood scene where someone hits a bullseye then Robin Hood splits the arrow. That would be Sid Cowans with a Grealish pass. Glen Hoddle would weep at his own inadequacy whilst watching a Cowans pass. 

Thanks, I’m too young to have seen Cowans or Hoddle play, I guess Grealish is the modern day equivalent?

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks, I’m too young to have seen Cowans or Hoddle play, I guess Grealish is the modern day equivalent?

I would say Cowans was more sitting in the middle spraying passes around. Jack more attacking and a better dribbler. He breezes past defenders like the great players do.  I am still not certain how he does it, he doesn't appear to be doing anything different but the opposition players are just left in his wake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Today might be the day to put on your extra large shin pads Jack, just to be safe.

Nobody likes them kicking shins but they don't care. 

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Monty Python did a version of that showing the arrow splitting the Apple to great applause and cheering... the camera pulls back and there’s about eighty arrows stuck in the Boy, the tree, the ground......

thankfully those days seem to be behind us !

Â