• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People do blame the players, PV. I don't believe out managers ever get enough blame. Taking Carragher/King and actually starting them is just, well.. :lol:

what CBs would you have taken?

Jagielka or Cahill.

I like how he took 5 CBs because even he knew King would be a waste of time, who'd have thought King would get injured eh?

I don't want us to have a big win, comfortable, controlled but I want it to be a challange and I want us to be tested because I don't think we will be in our other two group games. I don't want us to thrash the US side and for everyone to get carried away, put the boys under more pressure and then us not play a decent side again to the Quarter Final as I think I know what would happen.

Or you could end up with 4 points from the group and go out.

Yea, it's not going to happen. You keep wishing though.

You're right actually.

It's hardly being arrogant to say that England will qualify comfortably.

I'd say that was quite an arrogant attitude, yes.

It isn't Jon.

explain why.

there is a world of difference between "will" and "should", and therein lies the arrogance.

If you'd rather sit on the fence by saying we should qualify, then fair enough. I'd say it was pretty obvious we should qualify.

We will qualify from that group.

:lol:

Oh, so we can't qualify anymore? Shame, I was under the impression its still in our hands and win in the week will see us through?

Whatever man. Those posts, in light of how the World Cup has gone for England, make you look like a clearing in the woods, no matter what the result against Slovenia is.

I'm just hedging my bets now in case England do qualify.

Couldnt care less what they make me look like.

I know you're desperate for England to crash and burn, but it's not happened just yet.

Come back on Wednesday night and we'll see how things have gone though.

:)

Nevermind yillan, keep your fingers crossed we fall at the next hurdle.

Come on England!

:)

USA will now get Ghana followed by South Korea or Uruguay.

England will meet Germany next, then likely Argentina, followed by Brazil.

And people say topping the group isn't essential?

SK and Uruguay are both very strong and would give any team a difficult game. At this point, every team can win if things fall in place.

Not likely Brazil to till the final if they top there group, more likely Germany, Argentina, Spain or Italy then Brazil, if by some miracle we reach the final.

SK and Uruguay are both very strong and would give any team a difficult game. At this point, every team can win if things fall in place.

They're all going to be good sides, but S Korea and Uruguay aren't as good as Germany and Argentina. We'd probably meet Spain in the semi, if we got there as well, tougher than Brazil imo.

USA, Korea, Uruguay, Ghana have all got a great chance of reaching the semi's in that half of the draw. Out of those teams i fancy Uruguay or the US, probably Uruguay.

I know which half i'd rather be in.

If England got to the semis by beating Germany and Argentina then they shouldn't have a problem stopping Spain. Argentina is arguably a tougher test because Englands defenders will get destroyed by the pace and skill of Messi/Aguero/Tevez/Higuain and Mascherano is capable of keeping Rooney quiet, which means the best way to beat them is to attack them and I don't think that is wise at all considering your defence. Spain on the other hand although they play lovely stuff, if you get up and at 'em and kick the shit out of Xavi you've done most of the hard work.

Brazil on the other hand are incredibly hard to break down, and the hardest team to stop from probing and finding space to exploit as everyone in their team can pop up with a goal. They'll win the tournement IMO, unless Argentina prove they can defend or Spain find some balls. Or maybe even if England decide to play to their potential.

They're all going to be good sides, but S Korea and Uruguay aren't as good as Germany and Argentina. We'd probably meet Spain in the semi, if we got there as well, tougher than Brazil imo.

USA, Korea, Uruguay, Ghana have all got a great chance of reaching the semi's in that half of the draw. Out of those teams i fancy Uruguay or the US, probably Uruguay.

I know which half i'd rather be in.

Fair point, I can't say I'm not pleased. I'll be out of my mind if USA makes it to the semifinals....

So one of USA, Ghana,South Korea or Uruguay will defo be in the semis then?

Can you imagine, we beat Germany on Sunday, Argentina in the quarters, Spain in the semis, and then lose to Korea in the final... Haha

Ozil looked like he had a slight injury at the end of the game, and I think Schweinsteiger has done his hamstring so is about 50/50 to be ready for Sunday's game.

We have to hope that somebody else knocks Brazil out if we are to get that far, I really can't look past them for winning the WC.

Finishing second has probably killed our chances though.