• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't too bad at all as long as Defoe is in the supporting role rather than the furtherst forward. If he is though, has to be the question, why not just Joe Cole for for example and Gerrard behind Rooney rather than Defoe

How about because the likes of Milner and Defoe are coming off very successful seasons and the likes of Gerrard and Joe Cole are coming off very mediocre seasons?

Unless of course you'd rather pick the team based on reputation rather than based on form.

Pick the best players for England is my agenda. Gerrard even average level is better than what Defoe brings to England. While Joe Cole is consistantly very good at this level and also the only winger in the England squad who actually performs consistantly and creates and looks our best player when he plays.

Not every international team is picked on form, it's quality they produce for the country.

Maybe if the manager actually would listen to the players, like Robson did in 90' and play to our best players strengths, we'd get somewhere.

Currently we don't play to our best players strengths, that's why we are struggling, I don't see it as rocket science.

Is it just me or does this nasty taste in the mouth around England these days stem back to Terry and him being a word removed?

Some England players, Terrys mates want him captain. Others dont agree, Bridges mates etc. Terry not understanding that he cannot get what he wants?

One thing that was pointed out i think on the Guardian podcast, France, England & Italy all teams in trouble, all full of over paid players that by the looks of it have lost touch with reality somewhat and just too busy squabbling with themselves.

Redknobb crying out for Lennon to start tomorrow and being informed of his dire performance against Algeria.

Just uttered this in the England Slovenia thread.

How bias can one man get? Lennon has been dire so far and very much over-rated. Give another man a run out. I don't care if it's Milner or not but **** Lennon off, jesus.

look past the team that he plays for

Can't sorry

Scummers are scummers

Rob's right you know.

Maybe if Johnson left the pigdogs this summer, then scored against them next season and that goal was the one which confirmed their relegation then we might be able to consider him for the Euro 2012 squad.

Until that happens he is just some clogger who has had one half decent season in the big league.

look past the team that he plays for

Can't sorry

Scummers are scummers

Rob's right you know.

Maybe if Johnson left the pigdogs this summer, then scored against them next season and that goal was the one which confirmed their relegation then we might be able to consider him for the Euro 2012 squad.

Until that happens he is just some clogger who has had one half decent season in the big league.

Blimey Nays......don't agree with me, you'll upset all the late night trolls