• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rooney's problem is that so much has been talked about his temperament in the build-up to the world cup he is now too conscious trying not to be sent off than on playing football the only way he knows how.

People have always (rightly) said if you try and take the fire out of his game you will lose the Rooney we know. Well you're seeing it first hand. Yes there are other issues with the team, but Rooney is having his own. You saw that he had built up so much pressure in the Algeria game that he just had to vent to the camera at the end. He's ready to explode but not in a good way.

If England can play very well against Slovenia then it might give them the hunger and belief to explode (the good way) in the knock-outs. Sometimes the group stage is as much about building up frustrations to take out on the knockout opponents than on sauntering through. Just ask Italy.

For me its simple,

Our so called big time players need to pull their finger out their arse, take some responsibility, stop feeling sorry for themselves because there not playing in the position they prefer, and do what they are flaming well paid to do.

Granted, come the QF on onwards then formations, systems will be key but were playing Algeria and Slovenia for god sake. No excuses!!!!

Steven gerrard, frank Lampard - you have done nothing in 80 caps. Time to either step aside and let someone else have a go, or for once in your pathethic excuses for international careers - stand up and be counted for, cos I for one am sick of hearing how good your supposed to be

Or the manager could grow a pair, do what's best for the side and drop one of his square pegs from the centre.

I think bar Ashley cole, and David James and Gareth barry (based on his average 1st half display), the rest of the team should be dropped to give them a boot up the arse. It wont happen of course but it cant do any harm

On 5Live at the moment, they are talking about an interview with Fabio Capello on ITV where he says John Terry made a "stupid (silly?) mistake" by being so bullish in the press conference yesterday.

The John Terry press conference was a bit of a joke. He claimed to be speaking on behalf of the players; it appears as though he was speaking on behalf of John Terry and his ego.

John Terry is talking too much. I think Capello may get rid of him for the euro 2012 qualifiers. The other players may be backing him secretly, but they can't be seen to be doing that publicly because they don't want to get on the bad side of Capello.

Autobiographies released by any england player in the current squad will make very interesting reading. Relaeasing one in November would be perfect.

John Terry has always put himself first where the media are concerned - 'Mr Chelsea' is trying to get himself back into the press's good books following the 'Bridge's dirty ex-slapper' expose!

I think that if Ferdinand or King were fit then Terry would be dropped next game as a 'punishment'... I also think Terry will never get a call up post WC if Capello is in charge.

John Terry has always put himself first where the media are concerned - 'Mr Chelsea' is trying to get himself back into the press's good books following the 'Bridge's dirty ex-slapper' expose!

Aye, he's in a no lose situation imo.

We play well on Wednesday and win and it's 'JT rallied the troops'. We lose on Wednesday and it's 'Capello to blame'.

Has anyone seen the interview with fabio capello :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . John Terry is gonna get it. He has put himself in a very difficult position, and now he has alienated himself from carragher, gerrard by naming them in the allegeg group who wanted the changes. This is absolutely incredible. Check the back pages of the papers tommorow. Capello states Terry has made a 'big mistake'. Like I said before I think we will have a France mark II

If it wasn't for the shortage of centre backs currently, I think Terry would of been sent home just like anelka and edgar davids in euro 96.

Was about to post this. He'd have been gone today or yesterday.

Terry's still the captain in his head. Gerrard doesn't want the job. I hoped Capello would be a strong enough disciplinarian to stamp this sort of thing out.

Capello said

Capello 's comments came just 48 hours before Wednesday's Group C game against Slovenia, which will decide if England reach the knockout stages.

"When you speak you have to speak privately," the England coach told ITV.

"This is the big mistake - a very big mistake. It's not revolution. It's the mistake of another player - no more."

uh oh

"One player is not so important compared to all the others. The group is more important. For this reason it is no problem. We are here to play at the World Cup, not for a holiday."

It would seem the root of this is Joe Cole. Terry wants him to play and seems to be trying to put a bit of pressure on.

The "no more" thing is in response to whether this was a revolution or not...

Capello said it was the mistake of one player and was essentially saying that it was "nothing more" than that.

He also said something along the lines of: from a big mistake, I hope for a big performance. So, Terry will still be in the starting XI, it seems.