Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The BBC documentary last night on the repatriations at (Royal) Wootton Bassett was one of the best bits of TV I've seen in ages. I'm not ashamed to say that I had a tear in my eye when they showed the hearse arrive containing Ranger Aaron McCormick arriving. Really moving piece of television which neatly avoided any of the politics and was a great tribute to the servicemen and women lost overseas. Find it on iPlayer - highly recommended.

Spartacus : gods of the arena was fookin ace. It takes alot to shock me but the language in that is induistrial to say the least. Not to mention the gratuitous orgies and violence thats on offer. Great stuff.

Just started watching blood on the sand so although ive already seen the last scene of that (sort of) im still thoroughly looking forward to watching it

The BBC documentary last night on the repatriations at (Royal) Wootton Bassett was one of the best bits of TV I've seen in ages. I'm not ashamed to say that I had a tear in my eye when they showed the hearse arrive containing Ranger Aaron McCormick arriving. Really moving piece of television which neatly avoided any of the politics and was a great tribute to the servicemen and women lost overseas. Find it on iPlayer - highly recommended.

I saw that aswell Choffer. Brilliant and very touching. Good to see our fallen being remembered like that.

On another grimmer, slightly related note, did anybody watch 'the death of osama bin laden' that was on just before it? Interesting to say the least.

The Viking Sagas documentary on BBC4, right now. Fascinating.

DNA evidence suggests that although most of the early male settlers of Iceland were from Scandinavia, over 60% of the women were from Britain. Husband market? Of course, many of them were slaves and captives, but apparently there were also women in positions of influence and leadership.

Stewart Lee's 2nd series of Comedy Vehicle is brilliant (as is the first!). Just watched the 2nd episode on Iplayer, he is definitely the best stand-up out there IMO. I urge anyone who is into intelligent, subversive comedy to check him out.

The entire 1st series is on youtube if anyone's interested.

I just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shell-Stand-Complex-Complete/dp/B000BMUVKQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st Gig.

26 episodes of pure anime sci-fi existential philosophical genius (I hope). Should be perfect for the post-exam/dissertation season.

Anyone seen it? I've only seen the first full-length film.

Stewart Lee's 2nd series of Comedy Vehicle is brilliant (as is the first!). Just watched the 2nd episode on Iplayer, he is definitely the best stand-up out there IMO. I urge anyone who is into intelligent, subversive comedy to check him out.

The entire 1st series is on youtube if anyone's interested.

I think he is brilliant, I think the second series so far is a bit better than the first.

Although my wife cannot get her head around it (I should have married higher up the food chain)

I just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shell-Stand-Complex-Complete/dp/B000BMUVKQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st Gig.

26 episodes of pure anime sci-fi existential philosophical genius (I hope). Should be perfect for the post-exam/dissertation season.

Anyone seen it? I've only seen the first full-length film.

Been meaning to watch SAC in it's entirety, the bits and bobs I've seen I've absolutely loved. Also, Inner Universe just about shaves my favourite anime title song over Cowboy Bebop's.

Has anyone seen Breaking Bad? I need someone to confirm how **** awesome it is!

I'm up to season 3 Dan, and can indeed confirm that it is '**** awesome'.

Has anyone seen Breaking Bad? I need someone to confirm how **** awesome it is!

I'm up to season 3 Dan, and can indeed confirm that it is '**** awesome'.

OK ye've talked me into it - acquiring all 3 seasons as of now

I saw all 3 seasons in a week Rob. It's the best show currently on TV.

Better than Game of Thrones and House?

Must be decent...I'll have it all by the morning

Recent TV notes:

* Current TV series I like a lot: AMC's The Killing (been picked up by Channel Four... yes, it's based on that Danish show that will probably never see the light of day on US TV (only reasonable hope is that The 101 picks it up... they're the only US channel I can think of that ever buys obscure foreign shows, maybe Sundance Channel or IFC (both of which are in the same corporate umbrella as AMC)

* Spent a few weeks catching up on three seasons worth of Mad Men that had been sitting on my DVR

* Rubicon has started on BBC4. I've "acquired" the complete series and have been rewatching it to sync up with the DigitalSpy and Guardian threads/blogs on the BBC's showings. A lot of things that seemed incomprehensible make sense when you know how it ends... easily my pick for the best show of the past few years!

* AMC is 3/3 in my book (never got around to watching Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead (or Remember WENN, which AMC seemed to forget about after Mad Men became AMC's first "original series"), so the three are the ones listed above)

* Really like the History Channel's series on How the States Got Their Shapes... shows what can be done when they're not focusing on The Occult History of the Third Reich!!!!!!!... don't know if they cover the Pennamite War, but I've long kind of thought that a movie/TV series set in that period would be pretty good... but then again, I thought Houllier was a good appointment, so what the **** do I know?

EDIT: I should cut back on the Lefty's Beer, since I had to edit this post to make the shortlinks and formatting BBCodes nest/close properly.

Â