Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just started the Ameircan Office... it's not a patch on the UK version.

It's not no, but stick with it as it is still a good show in it's own right. The first season is very similar , story wise to the UK but after that they kind of go their own way and make it their own .

agree totally. try and seperate the two in your mind and you'll grow to love it. its a lot more comedy based than the UK one, and gets dafter with each series. i love it though

just started watching Rubicon. undecided about it so far

The only regret I have is not having Sky for internet as well, I can't access the sky anytime + which is USA style on demand shows.

i do and its got bags of potential but its not quite there yet, for example you can only watch the 1st 2 episodes of the pacific and about 6/7 episodes of the sopranos / lie to me / curb your enthusiasm etc

i was half expecting all 6 series of the sopranos to be available but its not yet

It's not no, but stick with it as it is still a good show in it's own right. The first season is very similar , story wise to the UK but after that they kind of go their own way and make it their own .

Both versions have their virtues. Both are great shows so why feel the need to slate one of them?

Yeah im going to definitely stick with it!

Has a few very funny moments.

I do like the guy who was in Six Feet Under with the freaky hair do. He's **** weird!

Yep, as Brumerican said, stick with it.

Once you get passed the stage where you're comparing it to the UK version, you'll enjoy it more.

They are completely different shows. Different acting, different comedy, different story angles.

The only thing the same really is the title.

I do like the guy who was in Six Feet Under with the freaky hair do. He's **** weird!

Once you get passed the stage where you're comparing it to the UK version, you'll enjoy it more.

They are completely different shows. Different acting, different comedy, different story angles.

Incidentally I saw the latest episode last night where Steve Carrell hands over the reigns to Will Ferrell. It wasn't a great episode but the future looks promising.

Incidentally I saw the latest episode last night where Steve Carrell hands over the reigns to Will Ferrell. It wasn't a great episode but the future looks promising.

Sure? Hate Ferrell-style comedians.

Sure? Hate Ferrell-style comedians.

He is just an actor in this as far as I know and has very little input into the show creation (I'm sure they probably allow for some improv) but it isn't going to be a Will Ferrell style show as thats impossible. The show is too recognizable to change too dramatically IMO, and personally I think his character is actually unlike anything he's done in the past. He was far more of a straght guy in that episode than Michal Scott has ever been so don't let it put you off.

feck me, only 4 episodes in ro 'the borgias' and its utter brilliance.

Im a big history buff, so seeing the Cesare, Macheivilli etc on the screen is a joy when its so perfectly cast watch it.

About to start Game of thornes ep 1.

As for the Sopranos, pure class. Wouldnt say comfortably best though, on a level with the Wire and Deadwood for me, maybe just shading it.

Recent televisual notes:

* finally got around to watching the episodes of Mad Men that had queued up on my DVR, going back to the start of season 2 (currently about midway through season 4)

* really enjoying AMC's The Killing

* Norm MacDonald's Sports Show is the new addition to my series records

Â