Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just started watching Dexter - really enjoying it but made the mistake of watching the first episode with the missus. Now she wants to watch it too so I can't watch it at my own pace. I have to wait until she is "in the mood" to watch it. :angry: Rookie mistake.

First two seasons a fabulous. Once you get her as far as season one episode 5 or so she ought to be keen to watch fairly often, its dynamite.

started watching 'Fringe'. You could tell straight away JJ Abrams was involved, has a very 'LOST' feel to it.

Im enjoying it, but like LOST its all getting too OTT and far fectched. Like LOST aswell i can see half of the mysterys not being explained. It entertaining though for sure.

Im not sold on Game of Thrones yet but its early days.

Im still loving every episode of 'the borgias', excellent telly, watch it.

On the recommendation of other VT-ers I have acquired all of "Deadwood".

Just watched episode 1 and I like it already, especially Wild Bill and ex-sherriff "Montana"

Its fantastic mate. The dialogue, the storys, the acting, all of the highest standard.

Al and his boys are some of my all time favoruite characters. Al Swearegen in particular makes the show what it is.

Such a shame it ended after 3 seasons and unfortunately you can tell the writers were expecting to get another series and so a lot of the lesser story lines arent resolved properly.

On the recommendation of other VT-ers I have acquired all of "Deadwood".

Just watched episode 1 and I like it already, especially Wild Bill and ex-sherriff "Montana"

Its fantastic mate. The dialogue, the storys, the acting, all of the highest standard.

Al and his boys are some of my all time favoruite characters. Al Swearegen in particular makes the show what it is.

Such a shame it ended after 3 seasons and unfortunately you can tell the writers were expecting to get another series and so a lot of the lesser story lines arent resolved properly.

Yeh...just started season two, epic punch up between Bullock and Swearengen :-)

I think Seth Bullock is the star of the show so far

I agree he was funny...but I watched one of his sketch shows at the old mans a few weeks back and it was painfully crap.

He was better at stand up/magic

BBC4

Classic Albums: Primal Scream's Screamadelica

too wasted to stay awake and watch it though

:thumb: Brilliant, reminded me of the time I met Denise Johnson at The Arena in Middlesbrough, and gave her a massive hug. Marvelous.

My grandad met Tommy Cooper, they served in the same regiment in the war. Apparently even away from the stage he was a funny bloke but also capable of being very stern and a skinflint in the extreme.

I never got the Young Ones. It's before my time and was never something the family watched. The best laugh I ever got from that series came from a trip to the pub at uni. My best mate looked a like like the character played by Nigel Planer, a bunch of locals noticed this and spent all night shouting the characters name at him and asking him to say some of the characters famous lines. And by all night I mean a good 4 hours straight. I'd never noticed the resemblance before.

. The best laugh I ever got from that series came from a trip to the pub at uni. My best mate looked a like like the character played by Nigel Planer, a bunch of locals noticed this and spent all night shouting the characters name at him and asking him to say some of the characters famous lines. And by all night I mean a good 4 hours straight. I'd never noticed the resemblance before.

Neil, Neil, orange peel :-)

ah the Young Ones, a really good breath of fresh air at the time. I remember waiting to see who the band would be every week and sometimes they were absolutely bang on. One week it was Nine Below Zero which resulted in me turning the telly up so loud it popped something and that telly always had a buzz or a crackle after that.

Â