Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone watch Fortitude?

I thought the first episode was very intriguing. Characters were set up well, lots of story threads and a ton of questions, not to mention good acting, well written dialogue and beautiful scenery.

Richard Dormer definitely stole the episode, he was bloody fantastic. And he's Irish! He did a very convincing Scandinavian accent. The sheriff is definitely the most interesting character so far.

I love Brooker and his wipe shows.

But Philomena Cunk is the worst part of them.

When she had that section at the end of every show in like a Brian Cox parody, it was awful.

That was probably my favourite part. The Morgana bit (pretending to be a blogger) was a bit painful though.

Needs more Doug Stanhope.

He turned up in an episode of Louis a while back. It was then I realised he was an actual person.

They need to bring Limmy back too!

• Like 1

Caught the first episode of Cucumber the other day, it was quite funny.

Poof.

I was waiting for that! Really though, it's funny. If you're comfortable enough in yourself, not to give two shites about the subject matter, then you can just enjoy a very well written show. I'd not tell my Dad I watch it though, obviously!  ;)

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

I love Brooker and his wipe shows.

But Philomena Cunk is the worst part of them.

When she had that section at the end of every show in like a Brian Cox parody, it was awful.

She was good when the show wasn't 'about' her if that makes any sense.   Brooker is very internet literate and he's obviously reacted to the positive feedback she was getting in her sections. There was altogether too much of her in the last series and I hoped they would dial it back.  Guess not. 

I like Philomena Cunk but she definitely is better in small doses with Barry Shitpeas. The gag delivers increasingly less the longer it runs.

On the other hand, Limmy last series was a painful watch every week, and the Morgana section this week was one of the most painful things I've ever had to endure via a TV. And terrifyingly you know it's not a one off.

Edited by Chindie

I must be one of the few fans, I love her bits, although I concede maybe not so much with the interviews at the end, going on that episode.  Couldn't watch the vlogger bit, just irritated me too much I had to skip the section entirely. 

Anyone watch Fortitude?

I thought the first episode was very intriguing. Characters were set up well, lots of story threads and a ton of questions, not to mention good acting, well written dialogue and beautiful scenery.

Richard Dormer definitely stole the episode, he was bloody fantastic. And he's Irish! He did a very convincing Scandinavian accent. The sheriff is definitely the most interesting character so far.

Just watched it,

a very strange first episode, intriguing and a hint of paranormal involved? I dunno, infection? Alien?

After hearing good things, I watched the first episode of The Americans. I love it. Everything about it.

Soviets. Spies. 80's clothes. 80's music. Keri Russell's hair.

Although these types of shows really need a good character to balance it out, and the FBI dude has yet to hit his stride, but it's only the first episode.

I mean, how can you dislike a show that opens with this song?

(1979, I know)

Anyone watch Fortitude?

Just watched it,

a very strange first episode, intriguing and a hint of paranormal involved? I dunno, infection? Alien?

That's what I mean, lots of questions to be answered. My overall thought was:

There's some disease or virus that has been dormant since before the Ice Age and was released when the kids found the mammoth, so that's going to infect a bunch of people. As to what happens next, well, with the whole thing with Christopher Eccelston's character seemingly remaining alive against all odds, I wondered if it was going to be a different take on a zombie show, but after watching it through to the end I don't think that's what will happen.

Richard Dormer's sheriff is hiding something pretty dark, I think. There's something between him and Michael Gambon's characters that could be pretty shocking, and let's not forget that the woman was holding a gun to the door knowing he was out there like she was scared for her life -- though then seemed relatively at ease when she talked to him in the bar during the day later on in the episode, a public place for safety perhaps? -- and also the fact that he was already at the house when the young guy found Ecclestone in his home.

Not sure it'll be a supernatural or alien type show, but I''ll definitely be watching the next few episodes. I thought it was very well done.

Â