Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

New season of Mad Men starts this weekend in the USA... no idea when UK TV will pick it up.

I love Mad men and cannot wait for the new series.

The usual way is at the UK showing will start in Jan 11. It was the same on the last series (i.e. show in summer/fall of 09 in the US and start of the year 10 for UK)

Jez, what are your thoughts of Mad Men so far, I was hooked from the first episode

I'm liking, watched 4 episodes so far and like how its takes its time, reminds me of The Wire in that respect.

Interesting characters taking there time with each so far...

Acting is great too :)

I'm liking, watched 4 episodes so far and like how its takes its time, reminds me of The Wire in that respect.

Compared to Mad Men, The Wire is fast paced.

That's not an insult to Mad Men or The Wire, btw.

I've just started watching Entourage, my mate gave me all 6 series, watched the first 5 episodes last night, I think its brilliant! He gave me a few more series to watch as well, got Weeds series 1-4, Rome, Fringe and Journeyman. Gonna take a while to plow through all these.

Entourage gets better and better mate... season 1 is probably the shittest one

Agree, watched all 6 series, need to get what has been shown of season 7 so far, really enjoyed Entourage! Ari Gold is probably the best character ever!

usvilla tipped me off that "Sons Of Anarchy" is worth a look

Just watched the pilot and I already like it, and have two whole seasons on my HD ;-)

Ron Perlman is in it so it has to be awesome!

I watched that new BBC version of Sherlock Holmes today. It's actually really good. I was genuinely surprised: I tend not to watch any TV at all as so much of it is **** shite, but this is very good, despite all the usual alarm bells (ie BBC drama, set in the modern day)

I watched that new BBC version of Sherlock Holmes today. It's actually really good. I was genuinely surprised: I tend not to watch any TV at all as so much of it is **** shite, but this is very good, despite all the usual alarm bells (ie BBC drama, set in the modern day)
My thoughts exactly.

I was all prepared to hate it, but it was great.

Some quite witty stuff in there for Conan Doyle lovers ("A three patch problem", etc.)

My thoughts exactly.

Some quite witty stuff in there for Conan Doyle lovers ("A three patch problem", etc.)

I like Sherlock Holmes.... Jeremy Brett all time favourite...missed this..what time was it on?

Poor Varro :( That conniving bitch Ilithyia. Though thinking what she must've done to that boy to get him to do that, I'd probably have done the same for her :twisted: That's 2 cracking episodes (of Spartacus) now.

My thoughts exactly.

I like Sherlock Holmes.... Jeremy Brett all time favourite...missed this..what time was it on?

Yeah i enjoyed it too. Very slick and modern.

Poor Varro :( That conniving bitch Ilithyia. Though thinking what she must've done to that boy to get him to do that, I'd probably have done the same for her :twisted: That's 2 cracking episodes (of Spartacus) now.

Great aint it?

I watched the whole series in about a week!

That would be a bit shit. Kind of "what do I do now" afterwards :) I look forward to my Wednesday hour :)

That would be a bit shit. Kind of "what do I do now" afterwards :) I look forward to my Wednesday hour :)

Nah not really, as I have Lie to Me, Warehouse 13, White Collar and Rescue me to watch on a weekly basis. And now 2 seasons of "Sons Of Anarchy" ;-)

My thoughts exactly.

I caught up with it on the iplayer, but the next one is on BBC1 on Sunday at 830 and on BBCHD at 930. It's an hour and a half long.

The first one is still available on iplayer, both HD and regular, until the 15th of August.

Californication returns for a 4th season on January 10th next year - looking forward to that (Villa will be top 4 by then ;-))

If anyone's feeling deprived of football, last night on the BBC iplayer I found the "Milk Cup" within Sport & Football.

It has 3 fulls games to watch.

Rubicon looks good (watching the first episode now... don't know if that's a US-only video).

wiki"]

The series centers around an intelligence analyst at a national think tank who discovers that he may be working with members of a secret society that manipulates world events on a grand scale. The series stars James Badge Dale, Jessica Collins, Miranda Richardson, Dallas Roberts, Christopher Evan Welch, Paul Butler and Peter Gerety.

Peter Gerety will be recognizable to viewers of The Wire and Homicide: Life on the Street:

04-phelan-and-burrell.jpg

Henry Bromell, who was a writer/producer for a few seasons of H:LotS, is executive producer (I think it may be impossible to have great American television that isn't connected to H:LotS... after all, it's only the greatest TV show in history).

It also has a character who's a dead ringer for Randy Lerner :flag:

Â